So is all of Sherdog in agreement that Conor must defend his title next or else be stripped?

OFC. This shit show has gone on long enough. In fact other fighters are emulated him in a way picking choosing ducking, which is ruining the sport for me at least. Not that belt is be all end all but I want to see best fight best.

Nope, why should he?

In fact, hopefully he won't be stripped and we'll see

Aldo vs Holloway
Conor vs Alvarez

And then Conor vs Aldo at 145.
He will be strippd if Aldo fights Holloway for the title. The interim champion can't defend the interim title, if he wins it becomes the real title. These are official rules, Conor must step up or be stripped and the only reason he can fight Diaz again is because Aldo was not interim champion so they couldn't schedule that fight before the Diaz fight.

Yep; and the issue I have most is the fact i'm just 99% convinced he is going to vacate the belt and NEVER fight at 145lbs again. He knows he isn't making 145lbs again and is just holding the belt right now as a promotional tool for as long as it takes Dana to strip him of it imo.

You are seriously arguing that a champion should be able to fight 4 times outside his division without defending his belt? What sense does that make? How is that fair to the contenders at FW?
Conor vs Nate 1
Conor vs Nate 2
Conor vs Alvarez 3

That's 3 times, not 4.

Aldo's taken multiple 1 year+ breaks from defending the FW belt as well, no reason Conor couldn't do a little moonlighting. The contenders can fight Aldo for the interim belt.

If Aldo fights at featherweight again he automatically becomes the undisputed featherweight champion, this is an official rule regarding interim titles btw.

I was not aware of this. Can you link me to this information?

I wasn't asking what will happen or what will make the most money. The thread is asking what Sherdoggers think SHOULD happen.

I think he should vacate the belt.

When has all of sherdog ever been in agreement on anything.

That would make the site pretty boring.

But yeah, Conor needs to beat up some more little guys.

He will be strippd if Aldo fights Holloway for the title. The interim champion can't defend the interim title, if he wins it becomes the real title. These are official rules, Conor must step up or be stripped and the only reason he can fight Diaz again is because Aldo was not interim champion so they couldn't schedule that fight before the Diaz fight.
Where does it say that?

I dont care if connor beats nate in 3 seconds he has to either fight aldo or eddie next this nate shit is pointless and they can do a rematch next july but to have it happen again is bad business

Conor vs Nate 1
Conor vs Nate 2
Conor vs Alvarez 3

That's 3 times, not 4.

Aldo's taken multiple 1 year+ breaks from defending the FW belt as well, no reason Conor couldn't do a little moonlighting. The contenders can fight Aldo for the interim belt.

I apologize for misreading but I still believe the same thing regarding 3 fights outside his division. It's too much time purposely holding up his division. It sets a bad precedent to the other divisions which Conor has already done in others ways with "money fights".

You are seriously arguing that a champion should be able to fight 4 times outside his division without defending his belt? What sense does that make? How is that fair to the contenders at FW?
Connor and his fans non stop shit on aldo for taking so long to defend the belt , and now the belt is just a prop

He is too big for fw. He should just vacate the belt and forget that division.

Yes it is. Poor kids not aware that MMA rules are made by the boxing committee.

Show me an interim titleholder that defended his interim title. Oh right, you cannot.

Apparently Renan did defend his interim title twice. Once against Michael Mcdonald and once against Eddie Wineland.

Only the haters are obsessed by this.

Only the haters are obsessed by this.

I doubt that is true. But for my part I would certainly say this about any other fighter. Robbie Lawler is probably my favorite fighter and there is no way I would have supported him holding a belt and taking 2 or 3 fights outside of his division.

False. Big Nog beat Tim Sylvia for the interim HW belt. Then he lost the interim belt to Mir, who became the new interim champion, not the new undisputed champion.

Back