So imagine if it was Gus that all this was happening too...

If your implying that Jones is getting more heat because he's Jones or because he's black, I think it's actually the exact opposite.

I think if this were Gus, especially right now with him just being a contender and not champion, he'd likely be CUT

UFC had no problems indefinitely suspending johnson when ALLEGATIONS of abuse came out (not proof...just allegations) and they re-cut thiago silva in a heartbeat.

I think the fact that Jones is a big star and the greatest LHW of all time (very possibly soon to be the best UFC fighter of all time of any weight class) is the thing that has protected him in this situation.

If ANYONE ELSE in the LHW division were popped for cocaine they'd be facing serious discipline and possibly cut.

Shit matt riddle got cut for having trace amounts of weed in his system

If your implying that Jones is getting more heat because he's Jones or because he's black, I think it's actually the exact opposite.

I think if this were Gus, especially right now with him just being a contender and not champion, he'd likely be CUT

UFC had no problems indefinitely suspending johnson when ALLEGATIONS of abuse came out (not proof...just allegations) and they re-cut thiago silva in a heartbeat.

I think the fact that Jones is a big star and the greatest LHW of all time (very possibly soon to be the best UFC fighter of all time of any weight class) is the thing that has protected him in this situation.

If ANYONE ELSE in the LHW division were popped for cocaine they'd be facing serious discipline and possibly cut.

Shit matt riddle got cut for having trace amounts of weed in his system

So how is it the opposite again? How/when is he getting preferential treatment because he is black?

Also, the heat isn't from the company, but from "fans".

Find it hilarious that jones, whos worst crime is drunk driving has more haters than Gus, who went to jail for assault, and rumble, whos had a couple charges of domestic violence. GOAT haters gonna hate

TS, are you trying to tell me that double standards exist on Sherdog (and in real life)?
:icon_chee

What's up with these guys saying fans dislike a certain fighter just because he's black? So, what about the other fighters? Hendricks? 'Cause he's white? Wanderlei? 'Cause he's Brazilian? Ronda? 'Cause she's white?

Cut out the race-baiting and victim-mentality already.

You mean when rumble was SUSPECTED too have beat his wife, only to be proven innocent later? Not the same thing, is it? Rumble wouldn't be in the ufc had he really done it and you know this, maaaaan.

lol still with the 'too'.

Find it hilarious that jones, whos worst crime is drunk driving has more haters than Gus, who went to jail for assault, and rumble, whos had a couple charges of domestic violence. GOAT haters gonna hate

People dislike Jones because they think he's fake and a douche not because of the DUI. Also the bigger the star the more light on you. People didn't talk about Gus' past until after the Jones fight when he got a lot more attention.

This guy is just looking for one answer you can tell, he wants someone to say the hate is racially motivated and its clearly not. Jones has an awful personality and acts like a kid, no one can relate to him except other people who act like a whiny teen. Jones is a great fighter, but outside the cage there's nothing about him to like.

How was that decision clear? One could easily give the three first round to Gus.

"were making up" come on. Sherdog polls with thousands of votes had Gus winning, bjpenn.com with 17k votes had Gus winning. Get real.

LOL @ using shertards opinion on a fight to make a point.

I think the main difference would be Jones fanboys calling for Gus' career. Seems to be common around here to blindly defend whatever fighter you're a fan of, while trying to eat the soul of every fighter that you're not a fan of. I think I've even done it myself on a few occasions. Must be something in the water.

Back