So imagine if it was Gus that all this was happening too...

Do you think people would make as big as a deal if this was Gus or mcgregor testing positive for coke and low t/e, do you think people would be forgiving or less forgiving? After all, this is the same place where everybody brings up jones DUI, but never mentions the fact Gus used to beat up women and rob people, yet he gets a pass because he was a "kid" (he got sentenced at 18, so he was a grown ass man).
I don't know how old Gus was when he was doing criminal activity, however, in Sweden you don't get a sentence at the same time as the arrest. Sometimes, the trial can be delayed for a few years after the arrest. Having that in mind, and assuming you're correct about the age when sentenced, I think it's probable that he wasn't legally adult when he did the deeds.

Gus would've been reemed. People don't want him to get his hands on Jones again. People where literally clamoring for the Rumble fight, even when Rumble was faced with charges and Gus had the rightful title shot lined up etc. It is whatever people have invested interest in. People want Jones to win and they know Gus can stop that from happening.

This is the kind of response that makes me root for jones in the rematch. The Gus fight was a great intertaining competitive fight but I never bought into the controversy over the decision that Jones haters/Gus nuthuggers were making up. Clear UD for Jones, and I gave zero fucks who the winner was gonna be cause to me Gus is more likable but both talented and entertaining to watch.

I don't care. Some people like Bones, others don't. Deal with it.

Jones is an asshole and a massive hypocrite. It would be big if Gus did these things but because Jones is such a douche it's 3x the attention as it should be.

This is the kind of response that makes me root for jones in the rematch. The Gus fight was a great intertaining competitive fight but I never bought into the controversy over the decision that Jones haters/Gus nuthuggers were making up. Clear UD for Jones, and I gave zero fucks who the winner was gonna be cause to me Gus is more likable but both talented and entertaining to watch.

How was that decision clear? One could easily give the three first round to Gus.

"were making up" come on. Sherdog polls with thousands of votes had Gus winning, bjpenn.com with 17k votes had Gus winning. Get real.

Beating up women... He pushed a girl and got in a fight and beat up her brother. Really bad of course but he wasn't "beating up women". On this topic it's strange Rumble hasn't received nearly as much heat for actually beating women.
It's hilarious how this sheer fact alone utterly destroys the subtle race-baiting by OP. Nicely done.
Gaffeln said:
The DUI is bad and it happened when Jones was a young adult (already UFC champ) so therefore it says more about him as an adult than beating someone when he was a teenager. Of course Gus crime was worse but he was also younger and changed his whole life after this and is a completely different person today. Same can't really be said about Jon.
Nah you're just a hater brah.

beating up women? he pushed one girl while in a fight with someone else.. stop throwing around these accusations you butthurt jones lover

It's hilarious how this sheer fact alone utterly destroys the subtle race-baiting by OP. Nicely done.Nah you're just a hater brah.

You mean when rumble was SUSPECTED too have beat his wife, only to be proven innocent later? Not the same thing, is it? Rumble wouldn't be in the ufc had he really done it and you know this, maaaaan.

McGregor would be praised for coke usage.

LOL. I can imagine. A Conor fan myself, I expect my fellow GOATwagoners to go like :

"What a stud !"

url

"GOAT !"

You mean when rumble was SUSPECTED too have beat his wife, only to be proven innocent later? Not the same thing, is it? Rumble wouldn't be in the ufc had he really done it and you know this, maaaaan.
You're referring to the controversy this past year, sure. Unfortunately he has already been arrested on charges of DV before:

"UFC fighter Anthony Johnson, who was arrested in 2009 on charges of domestic violence and two other misdemeanor charges, has been sentenced by a judge in Alameda County, Calif., to serve three years probation, along with community service, and domestic violence counseling."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/anthony-johnson-sentenced-from-2009-arrest-2

He plead no contest. Meaning he didn't even dispute it. So yeah, keep sticking your head in the sand re: your mystical blackletes who are incapable of sin or error.

bottom line is they both have a record. The difference is that Gus got his aggravated assault charge from beating up a dude, not a woman.

Last edited:
You're referring to the controversy this past year, sure. Unfortunately he has already been arrested on charges of DV before:

"UFC fighter Anthony Johnson, who was arrested in 2009 on charges of domestic violence and two other misdemeanor charges, has been sentenced by a judge in Alameda County, Calif., to serve three years probation, along with community service, and domestic violence counseling."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/anthony-johnson-sentenced-from-2009-arrest-2

He plead no contest. Meaning he didn't even dispute it. So yeah, keep sticking your head in the sand re: your mystical blackletes who are incapable of sin or error.

Never said black athletes do no wrong, as a lot do. However, let's not pretend black Athletes don't get more flack then their white counterparts. Also, didn't war machine almost kill his wife and her boytoy? Yet I didn't remember him getting much hate at all, in fact most people thought he should just get help instead of going to jail. Not everyone had that approach to it, but some did for sure. Just saying, swish like that bugs me.

Saying Gus beats up women is fighter bashing. He never did that.

It's hilarious how this sheer fact alone utterly destroys the subtle race-baiting by OP. Nicely done.Nah you're just a hater brah.

I'm not sure if you agree with me or if you're mocking me...

About the race-baiting. I'm swedish and we don't have black vs white in our mind the same way americans do. I never really think about Rumble/Jones as black. They're just americans to me. But it's strange that Rumble pretty much never gets mentioned in those discussions when Gus does.

My point about Gus being different and Jones isn't doesn't need that much explaining I think but here I go :).

Gus was a trouble teenager living in eastern Sweden. After the sentence he moved to western Sweden and changed his life around. He's very polite and has never had any trouble with the law since.

Jones just got caught with cocaine and doesn't seem like the nicest guy to say the least. So the DUI wasn't just a good guy making a mistake.

Many shertards already pardon his violent past. Coke and a PED scare won't stop them from loving him to spite Jones.

Beating up women... He pushed a girl and got in a fight and beat up her brother. Really bad of course but he wasn't "beating up women". On this topic it's strange Rumble hasn't received nearly as much heat for actually beating women.

The DUI is bad and it happened when Jones was a young adult (already UFC champ) so therefore it says more about him as an adult than beating someone when he was a teenager. Of course Gus crime was worse but he was also younger and changed his whole life after this and is a completely different person today. Same can't really be said about Jon.

On topic I don't think he would get as much heat simple because he isn't champ and isn't as famous as Jones. Jones is by many considered the GOAT and if he is a PED user it would really tarnish his legacy and his achivements. Gus hasn't got Jones legacy and would just be one of many great fighters who got caught using.

He would if he was a champion. Black champs get more flack than any other fighter even when they don't do anything wrong like Mighty Mouse and Henderson.

He would if he was a champion. Black champs get more flack than any other fighter even when they don't do anything wrong like Mighty Mouse and Henderson.

Gus isn't champ and he was the one I compared Rumble with.

Back