So I'm not too good with setting these contest things up...

but what I meant was... since it is my stongest(not highest) lift... it will be harder to improve upon than squat/dead
I had put the body weight thing in as to say that it was not my highest number lift... cuz that would just be sad...

How much you lift relative to your bodyweight does not matter. The winning team will be determined by who makes the most improvement in their maxes.

Right. When you deadlift 400+ lbs vs someone that only deadlifts like 300 you have a huge disadvantage. The gains slow down dramatically past a certain point.. In the last 6 months of working out with my friend hes gone from 225 deadlift to 315 deadlift, while I've gone from 385 deadlift to 425 deadlift. Hes made more gains, but mine are much more meaningful when you factor bodyweight and the fact that 225 is a chump starting point at deadlift.

Right. When you deadlift 400+ lbs vs someone that only deadlifts like 300 you have a huge disadvantage. The gains slow down dramatically past a certain point.. In the last 6 months of working out with my friend hes gone from 225 deadlift to 315 deadlift, while I've gone from 385 deadlift to 425 deadlift. Hes made more gains, but mine are much more meaningful when you factor bodyweight and the fact that 225 is a chump starting point at deadlift.

With that in mind - maybe we could make this a percentage based thing. That way going from 225 to 315, wouldn't be nearly as impressive as going from 405 to 495... although I guess that could start to make things complicated.

That is why you just make weight classes.. people in 150-160lbs are going to be similar in lifts.

I vote squats.. they're most important

edit: btw I'm in like flynn

With that in mind - maybe we could make this a percentage based thing. That way going from 225 to 315, wouldn't be nearly as impressive as going from 405 to 495... although I guess that could start to make things complicated.

I think you got that one upside down.

Back