So I'm not too good with setting these contest things up...

Team average per lift.

=448

Include a few events that the lightweights can kick ass at like max # of bodyweight dips.

Just set it up so each team has a person in the same weight class.
1 <160
1 160-180
1 180-200
1 200-220
1 220+

Or something like that.

id like to be involved fellas!!!!!

We could just do 3 weight classes. Skinny, not so skinny, and Not Skinny at All.

Somewhere like anything under 170 is Skinny
Anything under 210 is Not So Skinny
Anything above is Not Skinny at All

We could just do 3 weight classes. Skinny, not so skinny, and Not Skinny at All.

Somewhere like anything under 170 is Skinny
Anything under 210 is Not So Skinny
Anything above is Not Skinny at All

im 5'9 245 put me on the fatty team.

I'd be down for something like this.. especially if it involved deadlift. I need as much motivation as possible to improve my deadlift. I am also a lightweight with a bad back. Maybe I'll get picked last!

We should divi up teams using something totally arbitrary like zodiac sign:

Fire.....Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius
Earth.....Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Air.....Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water....Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

four teams right there.

Each team gets to pick one event to compete in. So... 4 events.

Use the teams median (or avg.) scores. This way teams don't have to have the same number of participates.

If enough people want in make it 12 teams.

Why don't you just have a draft? Someone can gather a list of the maxes of everyone who wants to participate so you have an idea of the strength of some of the lesser known participants. Then once you figure out how many teams you'll need have a few vets be captains and pick the teams.

Why don't you just have a draft? Someone can gather a list of the maxes of everyone who wants to participate so you have an idea of the strength of some of the lesser known participants. Then once you figure out how many teams you'll need have a few vets be captains and pick the teams.

i like this idea, have captains, some of the vets.

I like the draft idea. I think someone's already mentioned something like this but...

I believe Standard has already calculated the average numbers for regular S&Pers. Like BW, BP, dead, squat, etc..

Basically what we can do is make 3,4,5, or w/e man teams based on how many people submit themselves for the draft.

Like lets say we got 25 people, then lets make 5 man teams.

Ok so what we do is take the totals for the 25 people that entered and make an average lets say we find that:

The average out of the 25 is:

BW 200 lbs
Dead 365 lbs
Bench 255 lbs
Squat 315 lbs

or whatever lifts we're gonna be using.

Then all we have to do is we make sure each 5 man team has the same average as the total groups average.

Then we can base winning on many things. Like all the totals of all the members, or the average of the group, or like what Keith said the person who improved the most and the highest lifter, etc..

Anyways it's a little complicated but I think it's fair.

I like the draft idea. I think someone's already mentioned something like this but...

I believe Standard has already calculated the average numbers for regular S&Pers. Like BW, BP, dead, squat, etc..

Basically what we can do is make 3,4,5, or w/e man teams based on how many people submit themselves for the draft.

Like lets say we got 25 people, then lets make 5 man teams.

Ok so what we do is take the totals for the 25 people that entered and make an average lets say we find that:

The average out of the 25 is:

BW 200 lbs
Dead 365 lbs
Bench 255 lbs
Squat 315 lbs

or whatever lifts we're gonna be using.

Then all we have to do is we make sure each 5 man team has the same average as the total groups average.

Then we can base winning on many things. Like all the totals of all the members, or the average of the group, or like what Keith said the person who improved the most and the highest lifter, etc..

Anyways it's a little complicated but I think it's fair.

You've got some good ideas. Zop, if you wanna take charge and make the Official Draft Thread, that's cool with me.

Just set it up so each team has a person in the same weight class.
1 <160
1 160-180
1 180-200
1 200-220
1 220+

Or something like that.

How about adding an extra weight class for us fat asses? I'm sure there's enough 260lbs+ S&Pers for each team. I'd like to join in regardless though.

I think winteriscoming had the best idea. Just havel ike 5 weight classes and make each team have one person per weight class. I also like the idea of each team choosing a lift for the contest, this way there is diversity and fairness.

Edit: also to be fair, each team should have a captain. Then all the people interested should be listed in their weight class and the captains and take turns choosing people.

i like this idea

some of the guys with the highest wilks scores will be the captains and they can pick their teams. i like keith's idea too, one winner for best lift and one winner for most improved. sign me up (but dont pick me last)

Back