So I'm going to roll the dice with Cody Garbrandt again. Relaxed CoGar 3.0 will be born Saturday

Hopefully he shuts all these doubters and haters up for awhile.

Bunch of neckbeards with no fighting experience whatsoever talking all that nonsense.

imagine if this dude was trained from the ground up by Trevor Whittman.

I feel like people think cody's problems are a lot more simple than they really are. there is definitely a mental issue with the brawling but his style even when he was winning was based on planting his feet and counter punching in a lot of 50/50 type positions. He also doesn't adjust to things well.

Coming off 3 ko losses and he's not even the underdog. Why in the fuck would you put him on a parlay lol have fun losing money
I believe it's a very winnable fight against a 37 year old Assuncao coming off two losses that doesn't have devastating KO power and Raphael won't get Cody down to the mat.

Nobody has every questioned Cody's talent, it's just the mental part.
I believe in the tattoos.

Cody gets put to sleep again. When your chin is gone, it's gone.

his chin was gone before he even came to the UFC. he was KO'd out cold, with a single shot, by some black dude in the regionals.

I feel like (at least hope) Garbrandt is going to fight a much more calculated fight than take big risks. He's been out for a long time and I feel like he's probably had a long time to think about the best approach moving forward

He the underdog? If so i might put some down

The problem with Cody is, once he get hit clean, he'll get mad and go into brawler mode.

I believe it's a very winnable fight against a 37 year old Assuncao coming off two losses that doesn't have devastating KO power and Raphael won't get Cody down to the mat.

Nobody has every questioned Cody's talent, it's just the mental part.
I believe in the tattoos.
I think he wins too for the record,not sure I'm confident enough in it to put it on a parlay especially when he's not even an underdog

I'm a big fan of Cody, his performance against Cruze was masterful. BUT... his tendency to keep his hands low and trade huge shots in the pocket isn't something new. He done it in the past. I was watching his fight against Almeida and he got touched in some exchanges, and he had the same reaction as in is 3 latest fights, chin up, hands low and throw huge strikes, he caught Almeida and finished him but got finishes 3 times now because of that. I hope he really corrected that because he's a champ without a belt.

Might win this fight. But he can't take a punch..

People with neck tattoos are incapable of being relaxed. FACT.

I hope he will do a gaethje,his performance against cruz was so fuckin awesome

3 KO losses in a row so I know he won't be stupid enough to lose the plot if he gets tagged by Assuncao.

Time to get that title back, Cody.

giphy.gif
<MikeP1>yes

He is getting knocked out in the first round, Raphael is a much better technical striker, he will dictate distance and pace and Cody will eat a few punches, get pissed off and promptly finished for his efforts

Imagine if Cody fights like GSP,Jab leg kick and a TD here and there

i suspect cody is like overeem, very good striker/fighter, but has lost his chin. will win if he doent take a big one on the button

I think he's going to win as well. He'll have a more cautious, calculated approach (I don't think it'll be boring) and win by decision

Back