So I'm at the bar

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Drunk Conor fans are the absolute worst. I swear they all have similar personalities to him.

I remember a drunk bet me money that Maldonado would beat Glover. I felt bad for him after the fight and let him keep it lol.

Per usual on FS1 fights and some kid with massive acne scars turns to me after Wonderboy wins and says, "I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?" Is all I could muster.
"Doesn't look like he likes to be hit in the face."
All I could say in response was, "well he just destroyed the former champ in less than 1 round. Don't think you'd reach his face."

Is this really the thought that goes through the average casual fan's head? Shit is driving me nuts. I need to kill this pint and go play some Dark Souls.

Very newsworthy. Drunk teen talking to drunk Sherdogger.

I'm not familiar with Dawg Fight, but little old ladies is my favorite demographic, and little old black ladies is one of my favorite sub sections of that demographic. You can win an argument, but it's like arm wrestling a wood chipper: you still lose a hand.

Dawg Fight is a documentary on Netflix about these ghetto ass dudes down in South Florida that run illegal fights (mma and hands only gigs) out of their back yard, Imo it was a pretty interesting documentary they go into all the fighters back stories and everthing, iirc two of the fighters died before the film was even released

Did you happen to see some guy wearing a Chuck Liddell shirt?

Don't let it bother you, he is so far removed from reality that his opinion shouldn't even simmer in your brain. In one ear out the other my friend.

That's why I don't watch the UFC at bars. Too many mouth breathers.

Fast forward to few tears later, AcneMan is undisputed face-punching champion of the world.

Until it happens.

I've been busted up and had my nose broken in dumb street fights, but never dropped.

I got tagged by a stiff jab while having both a mouthpiece and headgear on by a pro the same size as me and it put me on my ass seeing stars.

Sure, some guys have natural power and actually know how to use it, even if they aren't trained could still land a KO, but those guys aren't 'average'. Most wing arm punches that do superficial damage and are more likely to break their hands than land a KO or legit drop someone with a single punch.

That's why you don't watch fights in a gay bar.

Anybody that's watched a fight at a bar has at least one story like that.

I remember one time I went to the bathroom and when I returned a guy had pretty much stood right at my spot in front of the bar. So I sit back down on my stool, fuck him I was there first, figured once I joined my friends again he'd see the error of his ways and piss off.

Now he doesn't move away. In fact he stands closer until he is right on top of me and making physical contact.

It's at this point I realize this guy is beyond obliterated. By the grace of God he is still standing and he has absolutely no idea what he's doing. After telling the bartender there wasn't any problems, he saw the proximity and being a friend of mine was prepared to have security show him the door in a none to friendly manner, the guy tries sparking up conversation with me and actually leans on me to remain standing.

He proceeds to tell me in his drunken wisdom how all of the current UFC fighters are pussies and he could beat all of them. Making this even funnier is that it was during a Lawler fight. How Chuck Liddell could come out of retirement and be champ again easily and how much of a shame it was that he didn't fight GSP.

After politely engaging him in conversation, mainly through silent nodding, for a brief time I called him a cab and he went on his way.

Good times.

That's my favorite shit. I LOVE gettin drunk and listening to some dildo talk about how "GSP is gay cause he lays on people." "He's looks like Van Damme, why doesn't he fight like him? I think Van Damme would kick his ass." Actual quotes from a drunk dildo at a bar in Portland.
I'm more concerned that there's a drunk talking dildo wandering about in Portland.

Who cares man,you can't argue with stupid.

People like this are sad and funny at the same time. They could be the best fighter in their watering hole and/or town/city, and yet they would in all likelihood get their asses handed to them badly by the worst pro MMA fighter.

Back