So I'm at the bar

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Why don't you watch FS1 at home? I would only consider bar for a PPV I don't want to pay. That only happened once last year, but I can't stand casuals talking haha.. and I like my couch ..do you get FS1?

It's a tradeoff, watching an event at a bar.
You don't have to pay for the PPV, if it is one. You don't have to listen to Joe Rogan.

Hubris happens. Some people have immense confidence for things they've never done. Sometimes this is good or else people wouldn't take risks in life, but it is baffling how some people look at a professional world class fighter and say "I can take that guy." It's probably due to them knowing it'll never happen.

Last edited:
Per usual on FS1 fights and some kid with massive acne scars turns to me after Wonderboy wins and says, "I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?" Is all I could muster.
"Doesn't look like he likes to be hit in the face."
All I could say in response was, "well he just destroyed the former champ in less than 1 round. Don't think you'd reach his face."

Is this really the thought that goes through the average casual fan's head? Shit is driving me nuts. I need to kill this pint and go play some Dark Souls.
unfortunately yes

Hubris happens. Some people have immense confidence for things they've never done. Sometimes this is good or else people wouldn't take risks in life, but it is baffling how some people look at a professional world class fighter and say "I can take that guy." It's probably due to them knowing it'll never happen.

I tried it once when at a party with my pro-friend. He embarrassed the hell out of me by getting a mounted triangle, not even cinched down, and pretending to rain down punches on me while everyone laughed. I flopped around for awhile till I gassed and everyone was done laughing. :/

Nobody likes to get hit in the face. Wonderboy's reaction to someone trying to hit him in the face is to ricochet their brain off their skull. Seems to me that's the last guy someone should want to piss off!

I tried it once when at a party with my pro-friend. He embarrassed the hell out of me by getting a mounted triangle, not even cinched down, and pretending to rain down punches on me while everyone laughed. I flopped around for awhile till I gassed and everyone was done laughing. :/
Before I got into boxing seriously I thought I'd be a smart ass all drunk at the park where everyone hung out and I start throwing jabs an inch shy of the face of a buddy of my older brother who had turned pro while talking shit about how he's slow!

Well, I messed up and actually contacted on his nose. I immediately took off. He chased me down (I knew I was getting a beating but I wasn't sure how bad!) He got me down and hit me in the leg so hard that the charley horse was like getting shot. I was rolling around like a bitch for like 5 minutes before I could even attempt to stand! That sucked!

Before I got into boxing seriously I thought I'd be a smart ass all drunk at the park where everyone hung out and I start throwing jabs an inch shy of the face of a buddy of my older brother who had turned pro while talking shit about how he's slow!

Well, I messed up and actually contacted on his nose. I immediately took off. He chased me down (I knew I was getting a beating but I wasn't sure how bad!) He got me down and hit me in the leg so hard that the charley horse was like getting shot. I was rolling around like a bitch for like 5 minutes before I could even attempt to stand! That sucked!

Fortunately we learned from people that gave a damn about our actual health. I've seen it go down MUCH MUCH worse.

It's been my experience that most people are completely unrealistic about how tough they are.

I say people because many girls are too. I've met girls who legitimately thought they could take most guys. That shit leaves me speechless.

"Really? Why's that?" Is all I could muster.
"Doesn't look like he likes to be hit in the face."

really? what does someone who likes to be hit in the face look like?

I'm sure a huge majority of people don't like to get hit in the face

really? what does someone who likes to be hit in the face look like?

I'm sure a huge majority of people don't like to get hit in the face

Getting hit in the face by an average person =/= getting hit in the face by someone that spends 4-6 hours a day planning to do it.

Average Joe's arm punches are a joke (Unless they are a freak like Tank in his prime...) once you get hit by someone that legit trains to hurt people. I'd rather eat an average full force right overhand than a pro's stiff jab.

Find a different Buffalo Wild Wings.

It's been my experience that most people are completely unrealistic about how tough they are.

I say people because many girls are too. I've met girls who legitimately thought they could take most guys. That shit leaves me speechless.

Did you play with them? With the three or four of those types of girls that I ended up playing with - including a former prison guard - it took under ten seconds to get each of them into a RNC.

I might be delusional myself though. Right after the Bethe KO, I claimed to some other random bar-goers that I still didn't think Ronda would stand a chance on the feet against me. In my defense, I've also claimed any UFC flyweight would finish me in under a minute.

People think they know fighting. Not enough people in this society truly get their asses kicked. They might be in 1 street fight ever in their life and they might win. But with that win, they think they are the shit for the rest of their lives.

People watch basketball and they never say "Oh, I can do better" because they played enough of the game to know that they cant. Not many people play the game of fighting to measure themselves. This is a problem in society and it unnecessary creates large egos in people that really dont deserve to have egos. Force all children to do martial arts and this stupidness can end.

You should have held his beer while he attempted to go punch Wonderboy in the face.

I'm currently working a project, inviting my roommate's younger brother to watch MMA with me. He had to work tonight though.

He is almost? 20.. He's young, annoying, stupid and very big but I really enjoy watching MMA through his virgin eyes. "Why isn't he punching him?!" "I'd just take that guy down". There was a time when I'd go "you know, they don't want to get hit right?" but now I enjoy watching this guy become more and more savvy without any influence.

sounds like you have an inferiority complex and get off on someone younger than you not knowing stuff about your longtime hobby.

has anyone ever accused you of being creepy?

That fact that you did not bitch slap him shows how much of a bitch you are.
2479cfecf4eca8601df67c0164d23649.gif

Back