So I'm at the bar

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
All I can see is those old black ladies from Dawg Fight they keep interviewing for no reason.

I'm not familiar with Dawg Fight, but little old ladies is my favorite demographic, and little old black ladies is one of my favorite sub sections of that demographic. You can win an argument, but it's like arm wrestling a wood chipper: you still lose a hand.

I think 90% of the thoughts going through the average person's head are just reassurances to themselves that they don't suck. They're mostly wrong.

Haha that sounds like a fun project to observe.

It really is, because he is giving a genuine effort to enjoy it with us. He's not scoffing at what he doesn't like or understand.

But then there are moments like Condit/Lawler.. where he was the only guy who called the "right" and agreed with the judges. Makes shit fun.

I'm not familiar with Dawg Fight, but little old ladies is my favorite demographic, and little old black ladies is one of my favorite sub sections of that demographic. You can win an argument, but it's like arm wrestling a wood chipper: you still lose a hand.

Reminds me of Andrew Dice Clay's description of something in Ford Fairlane.

"It's like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly amusing...but mostly painful."

More likely a future MMA great. I love the kid's balls.

1321880515723.jpg

Per usual on FS1 fights and some kid with massive acne scars turns to me after Wonderboy wins and says, "I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?" Is all I could muster.
"Doesn't look like he likes to be hit in the face."
All I could say in response was, "well he just destroyed the former champ in less than 1 round. Don't think you'd reach his face."

Is this really the thought that goes through the average casual fan's head? Shit is driving me nuts. I need to kill this pint and go play some Dark Souls.

More like:

"I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?"
"H-ha y-yeah you're probably right."

I had a similar thought when I first saw Thompson fight, and still kinda do when I see his highlights.

To me, he never looks like he hits hard. I know he does, and I know I'm an idiot for having that thought, but his kicks and punches don't look heavy. Every time his opponent back down it surprises me...and I don't know why! I understand how accurate and how good he is.

There's this little Tribal tatted man in a Bintang singlet that lives in the back of my head who just says 'Pffft' and rolls his eyes every time Wonderboy lands a shot.

I used to go to a sports bar with a certain pro 145-155 lb fighter (Not UFC, but still a legit guy...) that's a brown belt in BJJ (Although NAGA didn't go so well for him yesterday :/ ) and a black belt in TKD. He liked to challenge the meat heads to a grappling match when they make fun of takedowns and submissions. I'm 210 lbs and I can't last a minute against the guy on the ground, even if I try to stall my ass off. He had to quit that after one guy got butthurt over getting RNC'd in about 20 seconds, even though he was 6" taller and over 50 lbs. heavier, so started throwing wild haymakers when it was supposed to be over and 2 of his friends attempted to jump in. Luckily it ended peacefully and that was the last time he or I went to a bar to watch fights.

It really is, because he is giving a genuine effort to enjoy it with us. He's not scoffing at what he doesn't like or understand.

But then there are moments like Condit/Lawler.. where he was the only guy who called the "right" and agreed with the judges. Makes shit fun.

Moments like that are when promising students go from your protege to "that little fucker who doesn't know what he's watching". Great stuff.

I miss Bully Beatdown. It educated the average meathead on the difference between them and a professional fighter.

Moments like that are when promising students go from your protege to "that little fucker who doesn't know what he's watching". Great stuff.

Haha, that's very much what it was like. Turned heads to his direction, revealing his big shit eating grin followed by multiple loud over the top complaints about how Dana White rigs the UFC.

More like:

"I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?"
"H-ha y-yeah you're probably right."
Lol. Quite not the case. Why would I be afraid to say something like that? It wasn't offensive and the dude merely shrugged in response anyways.
Just because you can't state your opinion without the use of a keyboard doesn't mean I don't.

Per usual on FS1 fights and some kid with massive acne scars turns to me after Wonderboy wins and says, "I'd love to fight that guy."
"Really? Why's that?" Is all I could muster.
All I could say in response was, "well he just destroyed the former champ in less than 1 round. Don't think you'd reach his face."

Is this really the thought that goes through the average casual fan's head? Shit is driving me nuts. I need to kill this pint and go play some Dark Souls.

I wonder what his sherdog username is?

Last edited:
LOL, casuals.

Back