So I'm at 50/50 until Weds.

Drew Foster

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I am not going to "review" the school or answer any real specific questions. I think what happens in the gym should stay in the gym.

But I wanted to say:

If you live in the D.C. area and are interested in BJJ, go to 50/50.

If you want to travel to a school with friendly, funny, accommodative, down-to-earth, open-minded, tough, and highly skilled grapplers, go to 50/50.

You will learn so much, and every roll will be awesome. It's money well spent.

Ryan, Jen, Seph, Tim, Phil, and everyone else I met that teaches/works/trains there are very good people. Whatever it is you are looking for, they're people that are going to do their best to make sure you get it.

The only thing else I wanted to say is that anyone that's read my stuff knows how big of a mark I am for the Darce/Brabo, and that I am currently all about stepping over to finish it from the mount. Well... Ryan did this to me what felt like dozens of times and I feel like my head is about to fall off!

Sitting here after a nice meal at IHOP, full and happy, I realize how good I have it. Really amazed and grateful for life right now.

Peace!

Jealous! One of their girls, Megan, trained at my school the other week. If the students are indicative of her, then they are very skilled grapplers and really cool people. Enjoy your time there!

Awesome. Ryan Hall is near the top of the list of people I would like to learn from and roll with. I'm sure he runs an excellent team.

I second your post, Drew. I've trained there a few times, and while I'm jealous that you got to roll with Ryan, I had a great time there. It's got the feel of an up-and-coming, new-school academy, but it houses some great grapplers at the same time. Will definitely be back if I'm ever in the DC area.

Pretty stoked to have just signed up for Ryan's seminar here in Denver as well.

Jealous! One of their girls, Megan, trained at my school the other week. If the students are indicative of her, then they are very skilled grapplers and really cool people. Enjoy your time there!

Thank you! I am enjoying it very much. Been saving for a training trip for almost two years now.

Awesome. Ryan Hall is near the top of the list of people I would like to learn from and roll with. I'm sure he runs an excellent team.

He does.

you mean Megan "The Arm Snapper" Lomonoff?....

When in America I train at Mike Moses' place, aka evolve. But I'd love to do some open mat at 50/50. I've personally rolled with ryan, and was amazed at his leglocks, and that was a good 5 years ago, and he was a Blue. Good guy.

Welcome to the D.C. area! Each time I've been to 50/50 for a seminar it's been great, always good people/good environment.

anyone else have experiences with 50/50? i've heard both sides of the argument but i would love to give it a shot because ryan's stuff is sick.

I trained there a couple of times in June, and will say that both Ryan and Seph are fantastic teachers, lots to be learned. The philosophy that Ryan took impressed me.

P.S. Drew, I'll see you this week.

Look for me. I wonder if I met you tonight. I will have on Tan and Black "NOGI" shorts. Phil will be calling me Jake, because he says I look like Jake Shields. (I don't see it.)

Who is Phil? Also Jake Shields is hot so you must be hot. I miss 50/50 so bad I am literally having anxiety attacks. Jumbo Slice and 50/50 are the only things I miss in America

Who is Phil? Also Jake Shields is hot so you must be hot. I miss 50/50 so bad I am literally having anxiety attacks. Jumbo Slice and 50/50 are the only things I miss in America

lol Drew I was just gonna ask you if you rolled with Kenny yet but I forgot he's in Brazil

lol Drew I was just gonna ask you if you rolled with Kenny yet but I forgot he's in Brazil

I want to and will, as I will be back in Dec. Everyone there said they missed him and that he was legit and super lucky to be in Brazil when I mentioned him.

I want to and will, as I will be back in Dec. Everyone there said they missed him and that he was legit and super lucky to be in Brazil when I mentioned him.

Definitely true, but probably not as much as Kenny misses Coca Cola!

Drew, buy me a 50/50 t-shirt and mail it to me and I will worship you forever. :D

Back