So if UFC gets into boxing

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How will that work? Will there be a separate ufc boxing record from your professional boxing record? How is it going to work?

It would still count on your record just like fighting outside the UFC still counts on your MMA record. I believe they said they want their own belt though.

It would still count on your record just like fighting outside the UFC still counts on your MMA record. I believe they said they want their own belt though.
Idk about that. cause the " World Series of Boxing" for example has a separate record on boxrec from the pro boxing and amateur boxing record. I don't think ZUFFA BOXING will be an officially recognized pro word title.

Idk about that. cause the " World Series of Boxing" for example has a separate record on boxrec from the pro boxing and amateur boxing record. I don't think ZUFFA BOXING will be an officially recognized pro word title.
It could become the title, like a tangible Ring belt, if they bin the corruption of the others.
Then you realise who's behind it all and all that goes down the toilet.:)<45>

It depends, zuffa could just be a promoter like Eddie Hearn or something and put their fighters into legit matches. If they hold their own separate events I don’t know how it will work. They can’t stick to their MMA model of no cross promotion and expect their boxers to be considered legit.

World series of boxing is professional amateur

And yes that sounds ridiculous but thats what it is

It depends, zuffa could just be a promoter like Eddie Hearn
Eddie is one of the best promoters that european pro boxer might have.

or something and put their fighters into legit matches.
like Fury - Wilder II undercard bout : Romero vs nobody with scheduled 8 rounder?

Legit matchup: a boxer with 10-0-0 and 90 % TKO/KOs , ranked in boxrec almost twice higher vs just dreamer with 5-0-0 and 2 TKO/KOs in pro ranking even on boxrec? <45><45>
Really " interesting " undercard bout with scheduled time for 8 rounds ……………………...
Sorry, I didn't watched this bout, I was correct about how " interesting " this match will be and that it will not went full distance too.
-

Last edited:
Legit matches like Fury - Wilder II undercard bout : Romero vs nobody with scheduled 8 rounder?

Legit matchup: a boxer with 10-0-0 and 90 % TKO/KOs , ranked in boxrec almost twice higher than opponent vs just dreamer with 5-0-0 and 2 TKO/KOs in pros that does have almost 2* lesser ranking points even on boxrec? 4545
Really " interesting " undercard bout with scheduled time for 8 rounds ……………………...
Sorry, I didn't watched this bout, I was correct about how " interesting " this match will be and that it will not went full distance too.

What fight was that?

Sorry, appeared that opponent had even more than 3* lesser ranking points before bout.

It depends if they change the rules or not . Ultimate boxing won’t be on a sanctioned body concerning records I think if they just revamp it themselves . World Series of boxing is 5 rounds for example so if Ultimate boxing was 5 rounders I don’t think it would be an official win or loss on someone’s pro boxing record or if rules are altered in any way to that of the current boxing sanctioned bodies ?

For those who don’t know, shorter rounds would make the fights more fast paced and more punches thrown bc it wouldn’t be a pacing 12 rounders if you eliminated half the rnds. This actually eff3cts the fighters and is an advantage for power punchers ,it would be an interesting concept there’s many things you can do like 2 minute rounds in a 6 rounder to get more knockouts like a tough man style ,I’ve been in a few and the pace is crazy you fight for 1 minute rounds and throw caution out the window there’s little time to try and out point someone ,you basically just head hunt ,in my case body but these are what UFC has an opportunity to do. .

Last edited:
It depends if they change the rules or not .
Good solution might be for example ": each weight class does have fighters ranking."
These that are in TOP10 = 10 rounders.
From top TOP10 till TOP 100 = 8 rounders.
From top 100 till TOP 300 = 6 rounders.
Lower end = 4 rounders.
-
Tittle bouts = 12 rounds.

World series of boxing is professional amateur

And yes that sounds ridiculous but thats what it is
It's a waste of time is what it is... what manager/agent in their right mind would recommend that.

Well I doubt anyone will care about their title. It will be less valuable than the IBO. But if the boxing rules are the same and it's all sanctioned I don't see why it wouldn't count on their records.

Good solution might be for example ": each weight class does have fighters ranking."
These that are in TOP10 = 10 rounders.
From top TOP10 till TOP 100 = 8 rounders.
From top 100 till TOP 300 = 6 rounders.
Lower end = 4 rounders.
-
Tittle bouts = 12 rounds.
Good ideas .

I’d say keep it simpler , top 10 fighters are 7 rounds . The extra rnd is so no draws occurred. No rnd can be even someone has to win like I said I count every punch landed it’s virtually impossible to have even rnds really . I’ve watched fights 5 times just to keep it accurate scoring each fighter separate and I was wrong a few times on an outcome when actually doing this .

Anyone not in top 10 fights 5 rnds . A draw then goes into an extra rnd if knockdown occurs etc.... A knockdown is an automatic win in the rnd unless another knockdown occurs, a rnd is scored just by rnd ,you can only score rnd by rnd like current UFC/ Boxing .

IDK I’m not getting paid to think this really through but ? You can even keep the UFC form in another way , and do 4 minute / 7 rnds ? That equals 28 minutes , a regular boxing match is averaged 12 rnds for 3 min. Equals 36 minute . You give up 8 minutes but less late rnds to worry about for pacing of the fighter ?

The best will fight the best and every fight will be great and look like WWE promotion style

Back