So, if Siver took down Conor twice...

Siver always had good wrestling. But yeah i dont see conor stop Edgar from doing to him what he did to Cub.

With all due respect, if you honestly believe that, you are a complete jerk off. Siver took down cub and beat his ass for an entire round. Yet, siver couldn't get conor down once. He never established control therefore it's not a takedown.

For a takedown to be an actual takedown, top control must be obtained. Those were NOT takedowns. Another troll thread. Siver tried on multiple occassions for a takedown, he only came close once, but Conor was up immediately. Again, he was not taken down,... NOT ONCE........

To be fair, he was taken down.

Then immediately popped back up.

It doesn't have to be black or white.

He was taken down, got up.

That's what happened.

McGregor has never been taken down in the UFC. Siver didn't take him down, which is why he scored 0 takedowns. If you don't establish control then you didn't hit a takedown, it's that simple. Siver was never anywhere near controlling McGregor's hips and was just diving for legs which even a 5 year old can do.

Here's the stats --> http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/3d468536e8904b93

Now, Aldo fanboys, quit saying he got taken down when he posted (that's a wrestling term) and shrimped/scooted out of that shit immediately and effortlessly as fuck.

Last edited:
It's another one of those unknowns does Conor even know how to fight when he's the one being backed up or does he only know how to fight when he's the one pressuring forward.

Mendes would have a pretty big reach disadvantage but he's not afraid to bulldog his way in which would stop Conor's kicking game and then he'll also shoot in when Conor over commits to really any of his favorite attacks.

Frankie would simply outclass him all around imo. Would literally look like Frankie vs Cub if not worse..

But it is what it is Mendes was beaten twice, Frankie got UD'd, Cub showed he wasn't ready and has been beaten before. McGregor with his mouth is literally the only challenge.

Here's what I have noticed in all of Conors fights so far. His opponents all start off fierce. But as soon as conor hits them with anything. Whether it's a punch or kick, they immediately hit the bike and start moving away.. They taste his power and want no part of it. I'm sure i"m not the only one who has noticed this. Siver was trying, but he was fighting scared as hell. Once he got hit. I noticed this after the first head kick conor threw..

To be fair, he was taken down.

Then immediately popped back up.

It doesn't have to be black or white.

He was taken down, got up.

That's what happened.

When he went for the double leg, after eating a body shot, he got a hold of conor's legs, and conor was on his but, but siver was never able to come close of getting control. conor kicked off and got right back to his feet.

If anything, the speed and fluidity with which Connor popped up showed me that Connor really has very little to fear from the FW wrestlers. They are both too slow and too small.

If anything, the speed and fluidity with which Connor popped up showed me that Connor really has very little to fear from the FW wrestlers. They are both too slow and too small.

Guys like edgar and mendez better hope they get conor down and keep him their for all 5 rounds. Cause in a standup, they will both be ko'd..

Look, TS- I get it. Conor's getting his title shot 1-2 fights prematurely. If not for his mouth/marketability, he'd still need to get past at least Edgar or Mendes before getting a shot at Aldo. There are obviously some real questions as to how he would deal with those guys as he hasn't faced anyone that can do what they can do.

But the world's not fair. He's getting a title shot now, because that's where the $$$ are. And also because he's really good. But look, TS: you're going to get what you want soon enough. Either he loses to Aldo, as many expect, and winds up having to face Edgar or Mendes on his way back up the ladder, or he shocks the world, beats Aldo, and winds up having to defend the belt against either Edgar or Mendes in his next fight or two. All in due time.

You called those takedowns agains Conor? Lol he never established control

Yeah I don't even consider them takedowns. Conor popped up so fast there was never any benefit for Siver. It's actually deflating to take a guy down and have him reverse position so easily. Siver was mentally done halfway through the 1st round.

Frankie Edgar or Mendes fighting Conor would be like this?

edgarpenn4.gif

Frankie%2BEdgar%2BNeck%2BCranks%2BCub%2BSwanson%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

100000000000.gif

e67d9-4.gif

Is good Zuffa is protecting Conor against wrestlers. Edgar or Mendes would bury the irish 3 meters under the octagon.

Let me help you with something that actually happened....cant believe you skipped this in a discussion about Conor being taken down...

Is funny watch you guys crying the "Conor was not taken down" thing, like this was a pure wrestling competition. Please show me the unified MMA rule talking about how to score points based on takedowns, or how long you have to hold someone on the ground before you can call it a takedown.

Wrestling is overrated by a lot of Sherdoggers. Many wrestlers try to steal rounds with meaningless takedowns because they can't match the standup of their opponent. Weidman's an exception because his boxing and footwork are so good, plus he's BIG.

Any gifts on these supposed Siver takedowns would be appreciated. I don't remember them happening.

You probably blinked. :)

(Yes, they were probably scored as takedowns because they define that pretty broadly. But I don't think "Conor's critical vulnerability to wrestling has been exposed" is a reasonable conclusion from last night. Am I interested to see if Chad or Frankie could work him? Yeah, absolutely.)

McGregor has never been taken down in the UFC. Siver didn't take him down, which is why he scored 0 takedowns. If you don't establish control then you didn't hit a takedown, it's that simple. Siver was never anywhere near controlling McGregor's hips and was just diving for legs which even a 5 year old can do.

Here's the stats --> http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/3d468536e8904b93

Now, Aldo fanboys, quit saying he got taken down when he posted (that's a wrestling term) and shrimped/scooted out of that shit immediately and effortlessly as fuck.

Oh, look! Data!

Is funny watch you guys crying the "Conor was not taken down" thing, like this was a pure wrestling competition. Please show me the unified MMA rule talking about how to score points based on takedowns, or how long you have to hold someone on the ground before you can call it a takedown.

Reality check wrestlelover. Even in the SPORT of WRESTLING, points are given for revearsals but in the UFC, MEANINGLESS takedowns are rewarded as if they are a major factor in determining who's in control. It's a major flaw in UFC judging.

Simple fact is the two crappy TD's Siver got were reversed so easily that it was deflating to SIVER, who needed good GNP to have a chance in the fight. Frankie and Chad both had their chance at titles and both were defeated by superior standup fighters.

Class dismissed!!

Any gifts on these supposed Siver takedowns would be appreciated. I don't remember them happening.

They didn't. one he shot and Conor backpedaled to the fence and hand planted to get up, his butt never hit the ground. Another he caught a leg and Conor keeled down for a second then pulled his leg free and got up. I don't even know where the third one even came from. He never actually took him down considering the time he was near the canvas totaled to about 3 seconds. The only reason why he even came close was because Conor was throwing a lot of spinning kicks but he didn't seem to be worried about being taken down.

I thought it was more telling how Siver dropped Conor twice with leg kicks.

I doubt Conor will walk away from the Aldo fight under his own power

Back