So if Lawler beats Ellenberger, Matt Brown vs. Lawler the fight to make?

Lethal_Striker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who else thinks that Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown would be an absolutely amazing fight to take place in the WW division?

lets stop leaving Hector Lombard out of these discussions.. hes #6, Brown is #7

Easy as pie people

Well Brown needs to face a top ranked opponent before a title fight so yeah Robbie fits, Hector fits...

I don't. I think if Robbie wins, he should be right back to a title fight. I know Brown is on a nice roll right now, but let's be real here, he still doesn't have a top win. It'd be an insult to Robbie at this point. Hector and Brown is as perfect as it gets sense wise right now.

Lawler should get a titleshot with one more win. There could be an argument to make that he deserved an instant rematch so one more win and the shot should be his.

Lawler should get a titleshot with one more win. There could be an argument to make that he deserved an instant rematch so one more win and the shot should be his.

Especially since that one win over Jake is worth more than nearly all of Brown's wins.

I was thinking of a Lawler match up when the fight was unfolding. However, Lawler Vs Brown should only happen if Lawler loses to ellenberger at this point. I think the match up is golden but the timing and rankings are a tad off currently.

That would be unfair to Robbie. If Robbie beats Ellenberger in great fashion , he should just get another shot. I am doubtful though if he can repeat his performance against a Hendricks with no broken shin, no torn bicep and no fuck ups in weight making.

About Matt Brown, give him Dong. That would serve both of em well.

Too early for Lawler to get another title shot if he beats Ellenberger; Brown could be an interesting fight. Although Lombard would be a better fit I think.

Back