So If Conor Loses to Nate It Won't Hurt Him Or The UFC At All If....

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
...Dana is smart and will make him defend the FW belt next fight. If he defends the belt it almost erases both losses to Nate should that happen. It is a smart business move on the UFCs part. They can then say hey he tried to beat a guy from a bigger weight class and showed heart and bla bla bla but his home is 145 and look he just defended his title bla bla bla

Look I'm a McGregor fan but another loss hurts him and the UFC for sure.

Of course he is still the 145 champ and will always be a star due to his kill or be killed style and persona but this ambition (necessity??) to move up in weight and dominate may be DOA without obvious favourable match ups.

Nate Diaz of course is the huge benefactor in all this going from hardcore favourite to mainstream destroyer.

A thread about Conor Mcgregor., sign me up 100%, 100%, One Hundred Percent

...Dana is smart and will make him defend the FW belt next fight. If he defends the belt it almost erases both losses to Nate should that happen. It is a smart business move on the UFCs part. They can then say hey he tried to beat a guy from a bigger weight class and showed heart and bla bla bla but his home is 145 and look he just defended his title bla bla bla

It will hurt him a lot. Just you wait and see my boy

I can just see them going that angle. With a second loss to Nate they will easily be like ok you need a big win to overshadow your loss to Nate so let's have you defend the belt. They will obviously be hoping for a big KO or some other dramatic finish and then in the media they will play that angle to death and I think it will work. They will say look at this smaller man who had the guts to face the bigger guys etc

"At all" is just too big a statement. Of course a loss hurts him. He's a shit talker who got his ass handed to him. And if he loses again after all the adjustments he made, then there's less excuses for him.
Conor will always be a draw, but another loss lowers his stock.

Yes, these things would erase the past, if the audience were goldfish

Well I guess most of them are :(

"At all" is just too big a statement. Of course a loss hurts him. He's a shit talker who got his ass handed to him. And if he loses again after all the adjustments he made, then there's less excuses for him.
Conor will always be a draw, but another loss lowers his stock.
Ok I can agree with the "at all" being too big, any loss hurts but this specific situation gives the UFC a whole angle to play with in a story of how their 145lb champ is so good he had to face the bigger guys and came up short and he had learned from it etc. There are so many ways they can play the forgive him angle

Of course it will hurt him, any loss will. Because thats what he builds his talk on..that he is ahead of the game and can beat anyone.. blah blah blah. his shine will get less and less

Of course it will hurt him, any loss will. Because thats what he builds his talk on..that he is ahead of the game and can beat anyone.. blah blah blah. his shine will get less and less
Of course but what I am saying is that if his next fight is some dramatic win to defend the FW belt it will sure help overshadow that loss

he's never going back to FW he'll vacate the title so that he can always hold the 13 second KO over Aldo and not give him a chance to avenge it

then he'll be stuck at the top 15 at LW

Of course but what I am saying is that if his next fight is some dramatic win to defend the FW belt it will sure help overshadow that loss
Well, unless he fights at a lower weight or fights cans, any win actually overshadows a loss.

Anecdotal, but I know a few Irish people, actual Irish people born and raised in Ireland. Up to the first Diaz fight they would post McGregor articles on facebook almost daily. Since the Diaz fight there have been hardly any.

Im a Conor fan (As a fighter not his antics) but Im also a realist and theres a reason the trash talk has been toned down this time around due to the fact that he was buying too much into his own hype and surrounding yourself with yes men can do that to you and he did get a serious reality check last time out of that you cannot deny and this next one will definately hurt Conor if he looses as you cannot simply go around releasing videos of yourself (The Mac Life) portraying yourself as this DemiGod fighter coming off the back of two losses especially to a fighter thats record really isnt that good overall. Say what you like but McGregor looks like hes gone into panic mode trying to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible as you feel the casuals are starting to get bored with him already and just to clarify whilst he is well known in Ireland most people really have absolutely no interest in him and most that do dont actually like him due to his "money" antics regardless of what the hype machine would have you believe, MMA is still very much frowned upon here and for the most part the mainstream media pay little attention to it.

Literally two threads asking the same question in 5 minutes.

Conor will headline MSG, so no it wont hurt conor at all. He will still collect that money.

Back