so IF Bigfoot definitively beats Overeem...

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
... would you be willing to watch Cain-Bigfoot 2 already? Considering how the 1st fight ended? Or is it too soon? I think it would be hard to market... perhaps Werdum vs Cain would take precedent should Werdum beat Nog? Or would you push Cormier for the HW title should he beat Mir (since he said he and Cain would fight, but only for the belt)?

I'm just curious how you'd like the matchmaking to go should Overeem lose. Because I'm pretty sure most (Zuffa included of course) want Overeem to get the next shot but anything can happen so I'm wondering what the best "plan B" would be...

If Overeem loses I see JDS getting a rematch with Cain

If Bigfoot beats Overeem I'll cry.

I don't care for Overeem, but I dislike me some Bigfoot. I'm looking for Overeem by vicious, vicious KO.

If Overeem loses I see JDS getting a rematch with Cain

JACKSON-TD-REF-HIGH-FIVE.gif

a fight versus Werdum would mean Cain sits out over 9 months and would fight once in the year. (if Werdum beats Nog)

I'd give it to Mark Hunt with a win.

I wouldn't mind another Bigfoot fight.I really think that blood changed the fight.

All I know is I'd rather see Bigfoot fight someone else other than Cain, at least one other guy before that rematch.

Would have no problem with it. BigFoot made a big mistake giving Cain an easy takedown and got a nasty cut. Dude got blitzed but barely could see from the massive amount of blood blinding him. I would like to see what he could do without the blood blinding him.

Dont see JDS getting title shot right away. Reem gets beat, Werdum will get title shot.

a fight versus Werdum would mean Cain sits out over 9 months and would fight once in the year. (if Werdum beats Nog)

I'd give it to Mark Hunt with a win.

I wouldn't mind another Bigfoot fight.I really think that blood changed the fight.

agreed. i don't think JDS or BF gets it.

1. there is no rush for JDS/Cain. they only get 1 shot at it (there will be no 4th fight between them)
2. no one wants a BF/Cain rematch so soon.

if AO wins, winner of Hunt/Struve gets it. simply for lack of a better option. IMHO. or Nog gets hurt and Werdum finally gets his shot.

If Overeem loses, I think you have to seriously consider Fabricio Werdum a title shot. His striking is dramatically improved and his ground game is the best at the heavy weight division. Bigfoot would still only have two wins, and the last two wrestlers he fought murdered him.

What about the winner of Cormier/Mir?

I expect that the Bigfoot/Overeem fight will be canceled for some reason. The UFC will want to protect Overeem, and bigfoot is a dangerous matchup for anybody.

What about the winner of Cormier/Mir?

I expect that the Bigfoot/Overeem fight will be canceled for some reason. The UFC will want to protect Overeem, and bigfoot is a dangerous matchup for anybody.

Surprised more people aren't even considering the Cormier/Mir angle to be honest

I disagree about Hunt. While a Hunt fight was intriguing against JDS as a "no other choice" option because of the style-matchup... against Cain it would be a predictable death sentence. Similar to JDS-Mir. Which DID happen of course, but yeah, no one was excited for that except people who wanted to see Mir unconscious.

Not even remotely interested in cain vs bigfoot 2. Had the fight been competative then maybe but it was a one sided ass whippin. Cain vs werdum or ao makes.more sense if they both win their fights

Can you imagine Struve fighting for the title? Jeez, can the world be any more wrong? Hope Overeem gets beaten, btw.

Back