So I watched the Trump Thank You Rally yesterday

He thanked them for NOT voting. How on god's green earth does it equal support when people don't vote for you?

You're taking the most obtuse interpretation of those words and presenting it as the norm. That's obfuscation.

You're leaving part of the quote out to make him say something he didn't. That's disingenuous.

Or journalism, I really don't know anymore.

You're leaving part of the quote out to make him say something he didn't. That's disingenuous.

Or journalism, I really don't know anymore.

What is the functional difference between not voting for Hillary and not voting with regard to Trump's numbers?

Obfuscation. Literally by the book.

Or you could take it as "They listened to what I was going to do for this country and they decided not to go out and vote for Hillary."

Because that's what he said.

lol

Yes, black Pennsylvanians were so excited about what Trump was going to do for the country, and the positive effect it would have on their lives, they chose to sit home rather than vote for him.

You're either really, really, genuinely dumb or in full-on, Sean Hannity-level spin mode.

OP can fit right in on the CNN crew with all his misrepresenting shenanigans....

The other signaling Trump was doing with his wording, for the benefit of the segregationist contingent of the alt right, is also clear:

Reinforcing a racial stereotype.

"For once the laziness of black people worked to our advantage. haha."

What is the functional difference between not voting for Hillary and not voting with regard to Trump's numbers?

Obfuscation. Literally by the book.

"I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote."

"Thank you to all of the black Pennsylvanians who voted for me. I spoke, you listened. I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote for Hillary, it helped us get the win."

Nothing. Nothing at all.

lol

Yes, black Pennsylvanians were so excited about what Trump was going to do for the country, and the positive effect it would have on their lives, they chose to sit home rather than vote for him.

You're either really, really, genuinely dumb or in full-on, Sean Hannity-level spin mode.

I'm not spinning anything, I'm saying what he said. I guess that makes me an idiot.

"I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote."

"Thank you to all of the black Pennsylvanians who voted for me. I spoke, you listened. I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote for Hillary, it helped us get the win."

Nothing. Nothing at all.

I'm not spinning anything, I'm saying what he said. I guess that makes me an idiot.

"I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote for Hillary, it helped us get the win."

Pray tell, how does adding the preceeding statement change the explicit meaning of the statement above? What context does it add that is not self evident in the words as written?

Obfuscation.

Your only possible defense would have to be claiming you think Trump is so delusional, and such an egomaniac, that he really, sincerely, believed that blacks who stayed home on election day did it in a conscious effort to thwart Clinton and throw the election to Trump.

That is, literally, the only way the words Trump spoke could be said to have meant what you are stating they meant.

"I'm thankful black people didn't come out and vote for Hillary, it helped us get the win."

Pray tell, how does adding the preceeding statement change the explicit meaning of the statement above? What context does it add that is not self evident in the words as written?

Obfuscation.

When you add in that he was talking about how well he did with the black vote and how Hillary was supposed to crush it in the black community, I think it changes a lot.

Your only possible defense would have to be claiming you think Trump is so delusional, and such an egomaniac, that he really, sincerely, believed that blacks who stayed home on election day did it in a conscious effort to thwart Clinton and throw the election to Trump.

That is, literally, the only way the words Trump spoke could be said to have meant what you are stating they meant.

You're right, I really didn't phrase that well. I left out a lot of what he said and tried to summarize him and it made it sound like something he wasn't saying. I know how that can make things confusing.

When you add in that he was talking about how well he did with the black vote and how Hillary was supposed to crush it in the black community, I think it changes a lot.

You're right, I really didn't phrase that well. I left out a lot of what he said and tried to summarize him and it made it sound like something he wasn't saying. I know how that can make things confusing.

You didn't answer my question, you must have missed it.

"Pray tell, how does adding the preceeding statement change the explicit meaning of the statement above? What context does it add that is not self evident in the words as written?"

"Pray tell, how does adding the preceeding statement change the explicit meaning of the statement above? What context does it add that is not self evident in the words as written?"
I'm not sure what you want me to tell you.

One gives the impression that Trump doesn't want black people voting, the other is him gloating about how well he did in the black community and how poorly Hillary did. Whether you think he has any room to gloat when he only got 8% of their vote is one thing, but that's an entire other issue.

That Pence quote in your sig just blew my mind. Then I followed the link and read his whole article.

Two thoughts came to mind:

1. If his bar on data analysis is this low, no wonder he discounts the dearth of evidence for man-made climate change.

2. If he really has such a hard-on against "big government" protecting us "from ourselves" why the hell isn't he leading the charge for federal legalization of weed?

I couldn't get through all of it. I tried.

I stopped at 1:06 when he thanked the African American community for not coming to vote.

He said we have to do something about those who stomp and burn the flag. He didn't say what.

He said Air Force 1 is going to cost 4.2 billion now. Where did he get that number? He raised it 200 million from the last time he made up the number.

He started his speech saying Merry Christmas to wild applause. It is like he won great a war!

yeah, you aren't misquoting him or anything.

That Pence quote in your sig just blew my mind. Then I followed the link and read his whole article.

Two thoughts came to mind:

1. If his bar on data analysis is this low, no wonder he discounts the dearth of evidence for man-made climate change.

2. If he really has such a hard-on against "big government" protecting us "from ourselves" why the hell isn't he leading the charge for federal legalization of weed?

Glad someone got a laugh out of it, when I saw it I was honestly incredulous.

Part of me added it because come the fuck on son, that's just retarded. The other part of me saw what you saw, more hypocrisy from the supposed party of small government.

Either way, Pence needs a blunt and something to help him navigate that monster cognitive dissonance he must be grappling with.

Back