So I was at a funeral today and

I laughed at my grandpas funeral. It pissed off my brother. And maybe others. It was the first funeral I went to really. I did miss him. And respected him. And I don't respect many people truthfully. It was nothing against him. I just don't generally show negative emotion in public and forgot I was supposed to pretend to be sad. I'm not good at following customs sometimes. Why should I be forced to put on an act. I missed him but in tense situations I usually make jokes. Idk. I understand showing respect for our culture but meh, sometimes I mess up.

That is natural. At a funeral what do you feel? "emotions" times you spent if they were mostly funny with that person then you might laugh and remember a time when you laughed with them. Everybody has different memories unfortunately most humans at this time have suppression to natural feelings due to being brainwashed into thinking what's right and wrong rather than just reacting with instinct.

Sorry for your loss Loiosh.
Some people don't know how to behave. Bringing a baby to a funeral was their first mistake. I would let it go though. Its not worth steaming over (even though I know I would do the same esp given the family drama in this particular story).

My brother was taking selfies at my grandfather's funeral. I found it upsetting.

my family cracks jokes before and after funerals, but laughing at the actual funeral or burial ceremony is pretty off...unless someone farts of course.

tumwc.gif

Good stuff.

EDIT: On topic, Just going to add that I think TS had every right to feel rustled. I wouldn't even blame someone for checking them on the low. I feel like people like that shouldn't be allowed to remain oblivious to their inconsideration.

Some people are just so f'in rude!

I think it's up to we people with manners to teach them appropriate behavior though!

I want my funeral to be as fun and celebratory as possible.

Back