So I was at a funeral today and

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
a woman was taking a video on her phone of her husband bouncing their your daughter on his shoulders. In the background, they were wheeling my aunt into her crypt.

They were part of our procession, and it felt weirdly inappropriate.

That is weird

It was a beautiful day and the cemetery is stunning, I think the fact they captured my aunt in the shot was because they were completely clueless. They just wanted a shot outside.

2wlvhtx.jpg

It was a beautiful day and the cemetery is stunning, I think the fact they captured my aunt in the shot was because they were completely clueless. They just wanted a shot outside.

2wlvhtx.jpg

Is it October where you are??

That's wildly inappropriate as well as insensitive.

They clearly gave zero fucks about the deceased, as well as those grieving in attendance, and blatantly displayed it. Odd behavior...

That is strange but I think whatever keeps the young kid quite might have been more important but not being there can't say for sure.

Sorry for your loss.

That's wildly inappropriate as well as insensitive.

They clearly gave zero fucks about the deceased, as well as those grieving in attendance, and blatantly displayed it. Odd behavior...

I was pretty angry.

I'm pretty indifferent about religious pageantry but it was a solemn affair and the disrespect really bothered me.

Cycle of life TS. Based on your movie posting, I bet you'd have appreciated that type of imagery in cinema.

Seriously though, you can't let that stuff bother you. Everyone's emotions are raw at funerals.

Could have any number of explanations.

Just let it go, and focus on what's important.

Cycle of life TS. Based on your movie posting, I bet you'd have appreciated that type of imagery in cinema.

Good call.

If I ever make a film, this will be one of the scenes. Hopefully I'll remember to give you a writing credit.

Seriously though, you can't let that stuff bother you. Everyone's emotions are raw at funerals.

I've been to many funerals, but never one as charged as this one. So much family drama, and the way my aunt died, it's been an incredibly stressful month.

Should have started bouncing your nuts on the woman's head

Good call.

If I ever make a film, this will be one of the scenes. Hopefully I'll remember to give you a writing credit.

I've been to many funerals, but never one as charged as this one. So much family drama, and the way my aunt died, it's been an incredibly stressful month.

Thanks. Just remember you gotta have the baby bouncing in slow-mo (with Amazing Grace playing). :icon_chee

Sorry about your stress. If you'd like to share more details, of course we'd all be interested. Some of us will probably even be respectful. Some.

You should have stood up in silence, waited for eye contact, then yelled "Put away your fucking phone." And then sat down.

You should have stood up in silence, waited for eye contact, then yelled "Put away your fucking phone." And then sat down.

I'm thinking something more like walking up and slapping the kid while shouting "Shut that _____ baby up!". I'm not sure which insult would apply, but be careful. Unintended consequences and all.

th

I'm thinking something more like walking up and slapping the kid while shouting "Shut that _____ baby up!". I'm not sure which insult would apply, but be careful. Unintended consequences and all.

th

Is that your dad?

a woman was taking a video on her phone of her husband bouncing their your daughter on his shoulders. In the background, they were wheeling my aunt into her crypt.

They were part of our procession, and it felt weirdly inappropriate.

Usually it is the Crypt Keeper's duty to shush people and keep a solemn air to the proceedings.

CryptKeeper.gif

And his Mommy was a Mummy
weee heee hee whoooo hee hee hawwwwwaww

Thanks. Just remember you gotta have the baby bouncing in slow-mo (with Amazing Grace playing). :icon_chee

Sorry about your stress. If you'd like to share more details, of course we'd all be interested. Some of us will probably even be respectful. Some.

It was my father's aunt, she was 88. She lived alone and decided she wanted to die, her husband died about ten years ago and her son died of an overdose about twenty years ago. She stopped eating and when my father visited her one day she was incredibly sick, he called an ambulance but she refused to go. So, he started visiting every single day for another couple of weeks until one day he arrived and she was unconscious on the floor.

He called an ambulance and she was taken to the last place she wanted to be, the hospital, where they saved her so that she could live another couple of weeks before finally slipping away.

Her sister (my grandmother) came to the funeral with her other son, and neither my father or his sister talked to them because my uncle has been poisoning her against them for decades so that he would be alone in the massive inheritance. He's sixty, lives with her, and is basically waiting for her to die so that he can have it all. They don't care at all about the money but decided that if she has been convinced by my uncle that they're evil, there's no point fighting it.

Seriously, it would be an interesting backstory for a film.

Back