So I Tried BJJ for the fist time today...

DDT? You should've put him in a pedigree and while he's down, go to the top rope and do a moonsault.

LOL I thought about it...

Yeah he didn't really put me in a formal DDT, but I don't know what its called in jiu jitsu to flip over someone with a guillotine and bounce their head lol!

LOL I thought about it...

Yeah he didn't really put me in a formal DDT, but I don't know what its called in jiu jitsu to flip over someone with a guillotine and bounce their head lol!

At least you had fun and can laugh at being injured, it means you'll have a way better time in BJJ.

I'm thinking you hurt his already fragile and napoleonic ego when you took his back,so he got pissed and started going all out on a new guy even knowing that you wouldn't know the defenses and what not.hes a dick in my opinion,whenever I have rolled with new guys I go easy and I dont even sub them(too easy,means nothing),instead I put them in bad situations and give them a chance to defend and maybe give them some pointers.if I was you I wouldve told this guy to go fuck himself after that

How long does one go before their first roll typically?

I'm thinking you hurt his already fragile and napoleonic ego when you took his back,so he got pissed and started going all out on a new guy even knowing that you wouldn't know the defenses and what not.hes a dick in my opinion,whenever I have rolled with new guys I go easy and I dont even sub them(too easy,means nothing),instead I put them in bad situations and give them a chance to defend and maybe give them some pointers.if I was you I wouldve told this guy to go fuck himself after that

Wow this brings things into perspective. The other guy I rolled with would just pin me down like a wrestling match while I helplessly squirmed lol. Yeah I'm really surprised that I even got his back, as soon as I did people were yelling out instructions for me to get hooks in and try to sink in some kind of choke lol...but they might as well have been speaking Chinese because I had no idea how to set up a submission lol.

Fact is I'm still just amazed that someone can turn the tide so quickly, I always thought of Jiu-Jitsu as such a passive art but I now see that it can be very aggressive. I've just always thought strength and size means so much, and now I realize it can be overcome with proper technique. What a realization!

How long does one go before their first roll typically?

Where I train we let you roll as soon as you feel like it. But the instructor tells you to take it easy on the newer people and generally the more experienced people roll with the new people easily and give advice.

well dont u want the power to ddt someone that outweighs u by 50 lbs?

what happened to u is a good thing, now u know what would have happened to u on the street if this guy got ahold of u in such away

flame away people

what happened to u is a good thing, now u know what would have happened to u on the street if this guy got ahold of u in such away

flame away people

I don't think anyone should flame you.

This is actually exactly what I thought. I mean, if it was on the street, he could have continued choking like a python until I stopped breathing. This is why I am so suddenly fascinated with Jiu-Jitsu.

Fact is I'm still just amazed that someone can turn the tide so quickly, I always thought of Jiu-Jitsu as such a passive art but I now see that it can be very aggressive. I've just always thought strength and size means so much, and now I realize it can be overcome with proper technique. What a realization!

haha me too, it still amazes me

Wow this brings things into perspective. The other guy I rolled with would just pin me down like a wrestling match while I helplessly squirmed lol. Yeah I'm really surprised that I even got his back, as soon as I did people were yelling out instructions for me to get hooks in and try to sink in some kind of choke lol...but they might as well have been speaking Chinese because I had no idea how to set up a submission lol.

wait until you compete,it can get really aggressive and the adrenaline dump is just amazing.

were you doing gi or no gi,im guessing no gi because there is alot more scrambles but im just curious

flame away people

In the street TS would have been throwing punches so it wouldn't have been the same,just sayin

Don't let what happened today get to you.The guy was just immature and obviously trying overcompensate for his small stature.Incidents like yours are 1 in a million.

wait until you compete,it can get really aggressive and the adrenaline dump is just amazing.

were you doing gi or no gi,im guessing no gi because there is alot more scrambles but im just curious

During our first hour we wore a gi. Well, since I was new I just had shorts on and the gi shirt (with an orange belt to hold it hahaha). But when we were spar grappling I had no gi, my young partner wasn't wearing one either...after an hour of training I would say the both of us were very slippery.

You know whats funny is a few girls wanted to roll but after what happened with that guy I wanted no part of getting submitted by a woman. I know I shouldn't think of it that way but it just seems to suck to get submitted by a 16 year old girl. But I guess that is the true beauty of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I can say now from firsthand experience that I know the system works!

In the street TS would have been throwing punches so it wouldn't have been the same,just sayin

thats why i said if he got ahold of u in such a way, if you have read my posts before i am a self defense preacher as opposed to a sport grappler

He probably jumped into a guillotine and expected you to break your own fall.

During our first hour we wore a gi. Well, since I was new I just had shorts on and the gi shirt (with an orange belt to hold it hahaha). But when we were spar grappling I had no gi, my young partner wasn't wearing one either...after an hour of training I would say the both of us were very slippery.

You know whats funny is a few girls wanted to roll but after what happened with that guy I wanted no part of getting submitted by a woman. I know I shouldn't think of it that way but it just seems to suck to get submitted by a 16 year old girl. But I guess that is the true beauty of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I can say now from firsthand experience that I know the system works!

hahaha i hear ya, that would hurt my ego too if i was 170 and a 16 yr old girl tapped me out but ur right thats what bjj is all about

Back