So I Take It CM Punk Will Fight Cathal Pendred.

If Cathal is the guy I think, he's the slowest, most stiff fighter. I think Punk might have a chance.

Nah, they don't want to give Punk an opponent that will beat him with ease. They want to give him an opponent who has probably never even fought in his life, probably someone from the crowd, or from Sherdog. :)

NO way is he ready for that fight

NO way is he ready for that fight

Punk would straight up murder Cathal on the ground. Possibly on the feet. Cathal has horrible footwork, absolutely does NOT know how to throw a punch with any force and is a complete embarrassment to MMA.

Worse than them signing Punk is the fact they even signed Cathal from TUF. Everyone has a chance and Cathal is no world beater in any organization. It would likely go where Punk is best and most experienced at. On the ground, if it did I predict he would submit Cathal.

I usually never say anything truly bad about a fighter, just irksome things but Cathal is 100% the furthest matchup even if Punk had a chance of beating him. He has zero interest, zero technique for being in MMA as long as he has. Simply put, watch his last 3 fights and tell me if that looks like an experienced MMA fighter - He has no KO power, horrible footwork and may not do well on the ground either.

No commission is going to say "don't put inexperienced fighter A in with experienced fighter B". What a silly notion.

Punk would straight up murder Cathal on the ground. Possibly on the feet. Cathal has horrible footwork, absolutely does NOT know how to throw a punch with any force and is a complete embarrassment to MMA.

Worse than them signing Punk is the fact they even signed Cathal from TUF. Everyone has a chance and Cathal is no world beater in any organization. It would likely go where Punk is best and most experienced at. On the ground, if it did I predict he would submit Cathal.

I usually never say anything truly bad about a fighter, just irksome things but Cathal is 100% the furthest matchup even if Punk had a chance of beating him. He has zero interest, zero technique for being in MMA as long as he has. Simply put, watch his last 3 fights and tell me if that looks like an experienced MMA fighter - He has no KO power, horrible footwork and may not do well on the ground either.

No commission is going to say "don't put inexperienced fighter A in with experienced fighter B". What a silly notion.

Thank you.

It makes sense that this "Twitter war" is happening with the MMA media outlets hyping it up. This is what UFC wants, so that can it can lead to a fight with a story (or as they say in Pro Wrestling, an angle) behind it.

What was Brock's record when he fought Heath Herring? Still the end of thread?

Yup, because being a professional wrestler with no previous combat sports experience is the exact same thing as being an NCAA national champion wrestler who was 110-2 in his college career.

Surely people can't be this stupid can they?

This. Idk wtf people are thinking. Cathal might not be elite in the UFC, but I'd think he'd have a good shot of being a champion in just about any other organization, or at least be near the top. Cathal is an experienced fighter that still has room to grow despite having a good record while CM Punk is going to be 0-0 with no background. It'd be a slaughter

I couldn't see him being a champ in any of the orgs in the next tier below the UFC.

That said he'd beat the hell out of CM Punk.

I couldn't see him being a champ in any of the orgs in the next tier below the UFC.

That said he'd beat the hell out of CM Punk.

Yeah I probably exagerrated a bit. I would see him likely at least contending for the belt or in a #1 contender spot though in those orgs. You're right, I can't see him beating Shields, Palhares, Koreshkov, Lima and few other guys at this point in time.

Cathal is huge for 170 and would take him down and control him at will. Unless he can sub off his back I don't see how he could win.

How did james toney get to fight vs a former mma champ?

Maybe by being a successful professional fighter for many years, winning many titles.
Nothing like CM at all.

This and Brock vs Mir

Brock was a collegiete wrestling champ and his first fight was against a guy that was 2-5 (Kim Min-soo). Toney was a champ in numerous organizations and weight classes.

How is this so difficult for you plebs to understand?

Answered by:

No not end of thread.

Amazing how so many people forget this. Lol @ "the commission won't sanction it".

They will sanction any fight between two guys in the same weight class, regardless of records.

Exactly.
Where did this "commission won't sanction it" talk come from?
Commissions approve almost anything.

A fight was approved between a Boxercise instructor and an experienced MMA fighter.

[YT]sFBEyFsavbs[/YT]

I think its a really tough fight for Brooks and kind of a dumb match up. The way to go is to give him a new inexperienced fighter, Cathal beats Brooks easily and likely does it in a way that will not be appealing at all to the WWE fans tuning in tosee their boy fight.

Just bleed guy!!

Is he out of prison yet?

Lmao, I think he might be a little too much for Punk right now. Just Bleed guy is a true veteran of the sport. I'm not sure if Punk even deserves to fight a legend like him, either. I'd take Just Bleed guy via KO/TKO in the first anyway, he's got too much experience.

EDIT: Just looked it up now - he got out of prison in 2012.

Brock was a collegiete wrestling champ and his first fight was against a guy that was 2-5 (Kim Min-soo). Toney was a champ in numerous organizations and weight classes.

How is this so difficult for you plebs to understand?

I was simply continuing the point of discussion that green record against veterans happens. don't act like I have no idea what I'm talking about just because you can't discern sarcasm through text.

Pendred is too slow for Punk.

Watch his punches. Molasses.

His TD shots? Slow as mud.

Back