So I Take It CM Punk Will Fight Cathal Pendred.

What was Brock's record when he fought Heath Herring? Still the end of thread?

Good luck finding a commission that will sanction a fight between an 0-0 fighter and a 17-3-1 fighter..

Reservation maybe.

RG0BS1U.gif

Green Ranger or bust.

Amazing how so many people forget this. Lol @ "the commission won't sanction it".

They will sanction any fight between two guys in the same weight class, regardless of records.

James Toney was a multiple division world champion with 80 professional fights when he fought Couture. Please explain how a 72-6-3 at the time multiple time world champion is the same as some who is 0-0 and never even had an amateur fight in ANY combat sport?

Even if we take his "wrestling" record, hes apparently 48-56-2 in ppv's which makes him something of a can.

source

You think the UFC wants to see CM Punk brutalized in his first fight? They wouldn't make that fight even if they could.

Fair enough.

But Mercer was near 50 and retired as a boxer. He really was at a major disadvantage in that fight. I personally hung out with the guy and I was nervous Sylvia was going to kill him.

It would had been bad for the sport if it had gone down that way.

And Kimbo had never fought before either, it was pretty even.

Ah yes, they also brought in that cop, Sean Gannon (the one that fought Kimbo in the youtube fight) into the UFC for a fight.

Dreams can happen

No, Pendred just wants attention and possibly an easy massive payday. So he's been stirring things up with Punk and Punk has been giving it to him back. I don't think anyone really paying attention doubts that this fight would be a big mismatch in Pendreds favor. It would be irresponsible for any commission to sanction it and I would be surprised if the UFC even considered it, in spite of the back and forth on twitter.

That was not a professional MMA fight. That was an non sanctioned exhibition.

Mercer's official professional MMA debut was against Sylvia.

Amazing how so many people forget this. Lol @ "the commission won't sanction it".

They will sanction any fight between two guys in the same weight class, regardless of records.

They didn't sanction Wes Sims v Tim Sylvia

I think it would be tough sell to the commission to make it his first fight.

As predicted, Punk is going to have a documentary about his journey to his debut. I predict they'll have another 0-0 fighter with a similar "dream" that they will include in the documentary building up the fight.

If Punk is successful, I think they would go to the Pendred fight after.

If they were going to throw Punk in with a veteran whom he has no chance against, and the commission were going to allow it, they'd pick someone with much more name recognition than Cathal Pendred.

Do I think that it's a fair fight? No.

Do I think that Pendred is fair game for a fighter debuting in the UFC? Yea I do.

This is why most fighters debut after having several fights on the regional scene. His winning streak aside, you don't get a lot of fighters below his level who have earned their way to the UFC.

If you believe that fight is completely unrealistic, then the only other option is to bring in another fighter who has just zero business being there.

Honestly, even Pendred probably wrecks Punk. Sadly, I will watch.

Back