So I run an Air BNB on the side:

You sound like you live in a really nice area.

I want to get out of Toronto someday when my kid is older. He's about 11.

Yeah, we love it here in Arizona.

But back when I still lived in Buffalo I used to love taking trips up to Toronto as often as I could. It's definitely one of my favorite cities. But I can understand that it could pretty hectic living there.

pretty sure that guy gave up the deposit assuming he would never get it back
That's what the deposit is for. He knows his daughter wrecked the place so I'm sure he doesn't expect to get his deposit back.

It was probably worth it to him to not have to host the party at his house

This. The dude basically paid the deposit plus whatever hte normal rental was just to throw his daughter a party. I mean parents pay a couple hundred dollars to take a bunch of little 1st graders to Chuck E Cheese or those trampoline things or whatever for a few hours. Seems to me James got a good deal for under $750 he threw a good party for his kid and didn't have to do any of the setup or cleanup.

Just going after his deposit?

Surely you have more options than that.

Send him pics and ask for what is reasonable, including lost rent, clean up of apartment and common areas and your time.

Deposit is yours. Sounds like with cleaning, damage repair and your time and inconvenience it's the least James could do. It's literally what they would expect.

400-165 = 235 + free weed roaches, empty bottles to recycle for refund and blood. Sounds like you’re coming out ahead. How are you losing money?

That guy undoubtedly wins the Coolest Dad of the Year Award.

The amount of laws he broke in order to host a party for his daughter during a pandemic is something truly special.

You need that full deposit back, the guy broke just about every rule going, I mean they even got the cops called?

Airbnb banned parties in August.
https://news.airbnb.com/airbnb-announces-global-party-ban/

You take pictures of all the mess to send to Airbnb to get the four hundo?

• Wasn't the expected guests on the account - should get them kicked off airbnb
  • trashed your place
  • disturbed neighbours
  • security/cops called
  • lost money on next guest cancellation
$400 minimum

I just started with an airbnb last month. I think I read somewhere that if people trash your place or for whatever reason cause you to cancel a booking they have to pay for that day you lost

Pffft wishful thinking. That’s one thing ain’t nobody leaving behind.

When I was bouncing I found a 1/2 gram bag on the floor cleaning up. It went in the garbage........yeah the garbage. Also found one at another bar I was helping my wife clean one time.

Alcohol makes people clumsy and not so careful.

$400, I’d be suing that asshole for 5K

Sounds like a hell of a party. Keep the entire deposit.

Imagine having a a ho for a daughter that trashed hotel rooms and wastes good roaches.

Once again I'm blaming the man for the behavior of the women. Stop letting bitches run all over you.

Someone lost their virginity in that tub TS. Sell it on Craigslist and post the link...<{afrobol}>

Wow that’s insane. How does air bnb work with liability for death and shit. Say some teen overdosed and dies in your place does the guy who booked your place get fucked or do you? Seems like a huge risk.

Keep the full deposit. James will understand. Also, get him removed from Airbnb

Yup. They have rules against renting places for parties so you could get this guy banned. I'd keep all the money too, how much time have you spent on this already? I'd ask for additional money to cover the missed rent from the client you had to cancel.

Back