So I rewatched every single Rousey and Nunes fight....

Nunes dont pick nobody off she runs right into the fray
I think Nunes will also be weary of charging in and getting taken down, so with Ronda also being mindful of getting hit hard, this one could well look a bit odd. A lot on the line here. Just a theory, as I try to get in the minds of the fighters.

I think Nunes will also be weary of charging in and getting taken down, so with Ronda also being mindful of getting hit hard, this one could well look a bit odd. A lot on the line here. Just a theory, as I try to get in the minds of the fighters.
she might also believe that she has to ko rousey quick,that shes fit to be had,and scared.

"that much"

You are not talking about Rousey too right? Because her total fight time is something like 30 minutes and none of her fights was boring

You realize that watching all of Ronda's fights is like 30 minutes. Most of them are so short you can watch several in a single 5 minute increment.

Still low grade boring WMMA, id rather spend that 30 mins doing nearly anything else.

Still low grade boring WMMA, id rather spend that 30 mins doing nearly anything else.

14 second, 16 second and 30 second finishes are boring to you?

Maybe MMA isn't your thing.

I know I hate fighters with a 100% finish rate and a mix of subs/tkos. Soooooo dull.

I know I hate fighters with a 100% finish rate and a mix of subs/tkos. Soooooo dull.

No WMMA isnt my thing, very different.

I think your being a little paranoid. The UFC is a billion dollar company. The new owners are not going to risk a billion dollar for any one fighter, let alone a fighter who opening admits that they plan on retiring soon.

The UFC can survive the departure of Ronda. It cannot survive getting caught fixing fights. The WWE know this.
The new owners have nothing to gain with Amanda becoming champ. I wonder how easy it'd be for them to slip something into her food or water to make her lethargic in the cage. After watching the all Ronda promos, it really wouldn't surprise me.

I've seen some of Nunes' older fights and man has she improved. She used to have pretty sloppy technique and not very good fight IQ.

In that fight vs Davis (2011), she did everything wrong. Her striking consisted of just squaring up and throwing as hard and as fast as she could. Even when Davis slowed, she did not have the sense to keep distance and pick her apart - she just continued to march forward or hold her ground when Davis pressured, handing her the clinch, which was the one place where Davis was dangerous.

Looking at her last few fights, she looks like a completely different fighter: Moving well, picking her shots and adapting to her opponent.

The new owners have nothing to gain with Amanda becoming champ. I wonder how easy it'd be for them to slip something into her food or water to make her lethargic in the cage. After watching the all Ronda promos, it really wouldn't surprise me.

The thing is, if the UFC got caught doing that, it would destroy the company. Not only would the UFC be stripped of their promoting license but everyone who was personally involved would face prision time. Fight fixing is a big deal. Ask yourself, do you really think the new owners would risk a billion dollar company, and prison time, for one fighter? A fighter who plans to retire soon at that?

Last edited:
The thing is, if the UFC got caught doing that, it would destroy the company. Not only would the UFC be stripped of their promoting license but everyone who was personally involved would face prision time. Fight fixing is a big deal. Ask yourself, do you really think the new owners would risk a billion dollar company, and prison time, for one fighter? A fighter who plans to retire at that?
I admit the likelihood seems low but fight fixing was common in Pride. I don't know why I should trust Dana and WME over the Japanese promoters that "needed" stars.

Shit son only a few hours till the main card now. I'm pumped to see Cruz vs Cody also.

Smile-Its-Almost-Friday-Funny-Smile-Meme-Image.jpg

Some people have the attention span of a fruit fly.

I admit the likelihood seems low but fight fixing was common in Pride. I don't know why I should trust Dana and WME over the Japanese promoters that "needed" stars.

I just think that the new owners can do a cost/benefit analysis and figure that Ronda losing is no where near as bad as getting caught fight fixing. Maybe I'm wrong. I have know way of knowing what is going through their heads. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

On the upside through, Nunes trains at American Top Team, which is a high level gym. They probably know how to protect their fighters from someone trying to drug them or sabortage them in any way.

That is why I pick Nunes by easy ko in round 1.

One thing became very clear: Ronda Rousey would easily win this if she had any wrestling, ie a reactive double leg takedown. Sarah D'Aleilo absolutely dominated Nunes by hitting a few reactive double legs in each round and cruised 30-26.

Also Rousey's hardest fights were against the most physically strong opponents, and Nunes is certainly one of them. Former 145'er. Rembember the Liz Carmouche fight? That was the hardest Ronda ever had to work to win besides Tate 2. Then McMann who is also really physically strong defended her judo throws and was doing well before she lost to a knee to the liver. Another thing is that Ronda got hit really clean and hard in a lot of her wins on the way in, something I knew but really was still eye-opening when I re-watched them.

Nunes definitely is better at defending clinch throws than takedowns, as she is a judo brown belt. Basically I have no idea who is gonna win because Ronda's strengths aren't Nunes's weaknesses, as is usually the case. Basically Ronda just bullied every opponent and said "I'm going to charge you and you're going to hit me but it's not going to matter because you can't hit hard enough to stop me from getting the clinch." I think Nunes does hit hard enough though...hardest puncher she's every faced. Holly was able to keep her way on the outside with manly straight lefts, so I don't see why Nunes can't do that. Nunes has a really bad gas tank though and is really bad on the bottom, so if Ronda gets top position she will win. But Nunes has really good top position with heavy ground and pound so if she gets top position she can finish her.

I think Nunes has the advantage early but if Ronda survives she should have the advantage in 3-4-5 if it gets there...I'm so back and forth on this fight somebody tell me who to pick?

Well, using your breakdown, the answer is easy.

Since Ronda is a very early finisher, and your variable for her to win is that she has to take it into deep water, the answer is Nunes wins via TKO round 2.

Nunes dont pick nobody off she runs right into the fray

Really? Would you like to explain the entire first round of her fight against Shevchenko? You know, the one where they spent the first 4 minutes staring at each other on the outside with a couple potshots here & there?

Great analysis TS.

One thing I think is diffferent between Holly and Nunes is that Holly had better movement and angles. She would stick and move. Nunes hits hard, but if she doesn't also move, Ronda may be able to get the clinch regardless of Nunes landing one.

Recently sherbros picks are wrong in these big fights

Most thought that :

Holm would beat Tate
Tate would beat Nunes
Lawler would beat Tyron easily
Thompson would beat Tyron easily (poor Tyron, gets no love)
RDA would dismantle Alvarez
Aldo would beat Conor
Conor would beat Nate first fight
Nate would beat Conor second fight

i guess is safer to bet against who sherbros thinks will win xD
Almost every time sherdog consensus is terribly wrong. And Its usually the ones who call themselves hardcore fans and mma purists who are jack shit at picking fights. Just look at all the av and sig bet losers here constantly lol

Fight Is 50/50 as it's gets but if I had to bet I'll take Amanda's power over Ronda's submissions.

One thing I think is diffferent between Holly and Nunes is that Holly had better movement and angles. She would stick and move. Nunes hits hard, but if she doesn't also move, Ronda may be able to get the clinch regardless of Nunes landing one.

I'd say that Holly's footwork & movement is better against Ronda, but in an overall context it's not better than what Nunes does, just different. Holly's movement puts heavy emphasis on keeping the distance open and staying out of range on the outside as much as possible, against Ronda it's the best possible style but against other opponents it often leaves her way out of range to counter & take advantage of openings. Amanda's movement puts the priority on staying in range & taking slight angles to land hard punches & counters, it's a more dangerous game to play against Ronda but against other fighters it's great for knocking them silly and finishing them as fast as possible. For both of them, their footwork & movement is well suited to the style they fight with.

Ronda wont want to get punched in the face. I know, sublime stuff.

But I feel it's very true; that FIRST punch to her face may bring it allllllllll back to her.

She must be dreading that first crack that she will inevitably have to EAT if she's going to come out the other side as champ. For that reason, I believe strongly that she will be very selective when choosing to close the distance or rush for the clinch which ,lets face it, is her ONLY chance here. If it stays standing, man, she eats so much fist it will be fucking embarrassing.

Conclusion: A nervous Ronda stands off to much and allows Nunes to go on the offensive, hitting her almost at will. Ronda then has to resort to plan A, because there is no plan B... The fear of turning this one into another Holm debacle grips her, so she chooses not to chase Nunes... but again, to her detriment, as Nunes is happy to pick her off.

Ronda simply can not win. Nunes has all angles covered. She gets busted up and finished off in round 2.
I think it's pretty stupid to discount anyone from a fight really. The simple fact is you have no idea what is going to happen

Back