So I Just Watched RDA vs. Nate Diaz and Nate is Gonna Get Murked

Hey have you seen Michael Johnson fight? he has unreal footwork and great hands? he got the shit beat out of him in the last two rounds of that fight because Nate took everything he threw at him and just kept at it until mj folded mentally and physically. Same thing happened to Cerrone and others. it could happen to conor too. Every fight I thought Nate would lose he somehow wins.

He has literally ended fights in he UFC one way. How has he shown multiple ways to end fights? Nate's shown more,with tkos,subs and straight up beat downs by attrition

yeah yeah I expressed myself poorly. My whole point is that McGregor won't do a boxing match with Nate like MJ did, as he has a more dynamic striking style.

Hey have you seen Michael Johnson fight? he has unreal footwork and great hands? he got the shit beat out of him in the last two rounds of that fight because Nate took everything he threw at him and just kept at it until mj folded mentally and physically. Same thing happened to Cerrone and others. it could happen to conor too. Every fight I thought Nate would lose he somehow wins.
We aren't getting that Nate though. He's not in that great shape.

Nate is the better boxer here. And that Thompson fight was the equivalent of GSP/Serra. When GSP fought guys like Hendricks, did you think GSP would get blown out because Hendricks is 10X the striker Serra is? No need to reference a fluke fight.

No. Nate is nowhere near a better boxer than McGregor. He gets hit far too much, even when he wins, and his footwork is terrible. He knows how to use his hands but that's it. McGregor can do it all. BTW GSP-Serra wasn't a fluke. You should look into that breakdown and get educated.

I wouldn't qualify it as "hung with" because RDA had him limping 90 seconds into the fight. The only reason it made it to a decision was because RDA switched to GNP.

He has the knee teeps to keep Nate at bay and has lots of body kicks to mess up Nate's timing.

I considered those, however I don't think his kick game is well suited here due to Nate's excellent use of his reach.

Maybe the teeps, but I don't think the body kicks are going to be there.

This is a terrible example of Diaz, he was carrying a really bad injury and couldn't train, he missed weight badly and should of pulled out however he needed the paycheck and couldnt pull out.

It was pretty obvious he was angry at being forced to face a monster under such circumstances, it manifested in walking out of interviews early and his attitude was "well im gonna take my ass whopping like a man"

RDA fought a guy who shouldn't of been in the cage, he ran through a healthy Cowboy in minutes however Diaz was there till the final bell on his back slapping him calling him a bitch.

Like you mentioned TS, even Nate isn't confident. You could tell at the press conference and in interviews after. He wants to collect his big check and it's back to being inactive for a while. Josh Thomson ended him with a head kick and punches and Conor's 10x the striker that Thomson is.

If this fight doesn't go to the ground then Nate has virtually no chance at winning this fight. He's getting stopped brutally if he can't get it down there. Conor will kick him around a bit likely before he boxes him up. Nate isn't standing with McGregor. He's going to hit a whole lot harder not being depleted from his weight cut down to 145. He'll be punching and kicking like a mule.

Need to watch that fight again with more than just analytics. Nate was still moping on his contract, didn't feel like Thompson was a worthy opponent in terms of money/buzz. He looked like he didn't wanna be there and paid the price.

I'm bored in the middle of the night and remembered there is a whole UFC On Demand thing. On it they still have it set up as RDA vs. Conor so they have a few fights for everyone. I knew RDA won(obviously) but I forgot most of the fight. It was before many of us were taking RDA quite seriously. We all know RDA is a monster now and looking through those goggles I see that Nate doesn't have much of a chance against Conor for a couple for reasons.

1. RDA was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Nate: I didn't think RDA was slow(hell he's about as fast as Showtime) but it was dramatically different and that speed difference lead to Nate falling behind very fast. Conor will have a similar speed advantage. I also think Conor will be able to read him from a mile away.

2. RDA out struck Nate: Nate landed a few shots here and there, but nothing that bothered RDA too much and RDA was the better boxer and kick boxer.

3. Nate didn't look like he was in shape: Nate said he didn't take fighting RDA seriously(which in hindsight is silly because he had just knocked out Bendo), but either way he's not going to be in shape against Conor and that is going to be the same problem here

4. Nate troubled RDA on the ground a bit: I wanted to throw in a positive for Nate here. He was very active on his back and looked close to catching RDA a bit. I'd bet your money that RDA is better on the ground than Conor so that could be his best path to victory.

So I'm going to agree with Conor's assessment that this fight wont go past the first round. I feel as though Nate doesn't even really think he'll win.

Oh and one final nugget. I think this will be Nate's last fight for a while. He doesn't like fighting. He's good at it and it is a way for him to make money so that is why he does it. He doesn't like fighting just to fight like many of the other crazy people in the UFC. So I think once he gets this big payday he's gone... until he blows it. :p

Yes because Conor and RDA fights so similarly. The heavies are the worst, man.

This is a terrible example of Diaz, he was carrying a really bad injury and couldn't train, he missed weight badly and should of pulled out however he needed the paycheck and couldnt pull out.

It was pretty obvious he was angry at being forced to face a monster under such circumstances, it manifested in walking out of interviews early and his attitude was "well im gonna take my ass whopping like a man"

RDA fought a guy who shouldn't of been in the cage, he ran through a healthy Cowboy in minutes however Diaz was there till the final bell on his back slapping him calling him a bitch.

We are going to get a version of Diaz that is close to that. He can't make weight and wasn't training

That was the most out-of-shape Nate Diaz has ever shown up to a fight in. He's usually faster, has better cardio, better movement, throws better combos and uses range more efficiently. But the part about the ground I agree on.

Considering Conor won't be attacking Nate's legs like that, the comparison doesn't hold any actual weight though.

We will never know how much of a factor the injury was unless or until a healthy Diaz rematches dos Anjos

I'm not saying he wouldn't(I have RDA beating him). I think Conor is elite and so is RDA. Nate out of shape isn't. Of course it's a fight and things happen but I think Conor is gonna blow the doors off him. Heck, RDA had no issues with range despite Nate being 4 inches taller than him. Conor is one of the best in the sport at dictating range.

Ya when he's fighting midgets look what happened when he fought someone almost Nate size he got choked out and sent a weight division below don't kid yourself

Here you go TS
tumblr_mc29mgmT9c1r1rhkto1_500.gif

Ya when he's fighting midgets look what happened when he fought someone almost Nate size he got choked out and sent a weight division below don't kid yourself

So you don't think he's improved at all since then?

Though I don't always take stake in MMA math, I do believe that Nate's performance against RDA is revealing. First off, Nate seems clueless or unwilling to summon the energy to defend kicks to his legs. The dude just takes them. Second, he just follows his opponent around with no real movement or elusiveness. He walks around like Frankenstein, slow and predictable. No threat besides one-two combos and check hooks. Lastly, his BJJ is good, but he has no takedowns, which limits the chance to use it. Overall, unless Nate can solve these issues fight night or Conor does something stupid like lay against the fence so he can be swept to the ground, I feel Conor will stop Nate in the third round, only because Nate's got heart and will tough it out like a man. I want Nate to win, I just don't think he can, even with a training camp.

Aside from the obvious and often cited turmoil that Nate was going through leading up to that fight, RDA is bigger, and kicks much harder than McGregor, and he chops at the legs, which I haven't seen McGregor do much of, to say the least. RDA also has better takedowns and a much better ground game than McGregor; they're two completely different fighters and the circumstances are different as well.

No. Nate is nowhere near a better boxer than McGregor. He gets hit far too much, even when he wins, and his footwork is terrible. He knows how to use his hands but that's it. McGregor can do it all. BTW GSP-Serra wasn't a fluke. You should look into that breakdown and get educated.
looks like you need to get educated, clown

Back