So I Just Watched RDA vs. Nate Diaz and Nate is Gonna Get Murked

HaterSlayer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm bored in the middle of the night and remembered there is a whole UFC On Demand thing. On it they still have it set up as RDA vs. Conor so they have a few fights for everyone. I knew RDA won(obviously) but I forgot most of the fight. It was before many of us were taking RDA quite seriously. We all know RDA is a monster now and looking through those goggles I see that Nate doesn't have much of a chance against Conor for a couple for reasons.

1. RDA was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Nate: I didn't think RDA was slow(hell he's about as fast as Showtime) but it was dramatically different and that speed difference lead to Nate falling behind very fast. Conor will have a similar speed advantage. I also think Conor will be able to read him from a mile away.

2. RDA out struck Nate: Nate landed a few shots here and there, but nothing that bothered RDA too much and RDA was the better boxer and kick boxer.

3. Nate didn't look like he was in shape: Nate said he didn't take fighting RDA seriously(which in hindsight is silly because he had just knocked out Bendo), but either way he's not going to be in shape against Conor and that is going to be the same problem here

4. Nate troubled RDA on the ground a bit: I wanted to throw in a positive for Nate here. He was very active on his back and looked close to catching RDA a bit. I'd bet your money that RDA is better on the ground than Conor so that could be his best path to victory.

So I'm going to agree with Conor's assessment that this fight wont go past the first round. I feel as though Nate doesn't even really think he'll win.

Oh and one final nugget. I think this will be Nate's last fight for a while. He doesn't like fighting. He's good at it and it is a way for him to make money so that is why he does it. He doesn't like fighting just to fight like many of the other crazy people in the UFC. So I think once he gets this big payday he's gone... until he blows it. :p

Nate should try to clinch up with Conor when he throws those spinning shit kicks and drag the fight to the ground. There Nate can work on his BJJ. Or even pull guard.

March 5th is a formality at this point.

It is a business transaction.

Bum lives will be changed forever.

Maybe it's just me but I think the Nate that fought MJ would have looked different vs RDA. Who knows tho, will be interesting anyways.

Diaz was having issues with the UFC getting fined for saying fgt on twitter and even walked out of the pre fight interview that fight he gave no fucks.

How do you know RDA wouldn't do that to Mcgregor?

I do think Conor will beat Nate tho

How do you know RDA wouldn't do that to Mcgregor?

I do think Conor will beat Nate tho

I'm not saying he wouldn't(I have RDA beating him). I think Conor is elite and so is RDA. Nate out of shape isn't. Of course it's a fight and things happen but I think Conor is gonna blow the doors off him. Heck, RDA had no issues with range despite Nate being 4 inches taller than him. Conor is one of the best in the sport at dictating range.

I don't think there is much doubt that Conor is going to destroy Diaz. It's, basically, a gimme as far as I'm concerned.

If Conor can't KO Nate with his left straight or uppercut, he is going to have a rough night.

Ideally, you need some leg kicks for your best chance of beating a Diaz, and Conor doesn't have those.

Expect Nate to work off the jab.

Conor isn't RDA. I'm not sure Conor will be able to chop the legs out from under Nate so quickly and in such devastating fashion. I'm not sure he'd even try.

that was Nate at his worst and he hung with a worldbeater. After a year off he came back much improved and now Conor faces that Nate at 170. RIP McGregor

Conor probably never throwed low kick in his mma fights

that was Nate at his worst and he hung with a worldbeater. After a year off he came back much improved and now Conor faces that Nate at 170. RIP McGregor

I wouldn't qualify it as "hung with" because RDA had him limping 90 seconds into the fight. The only reason it made it to a decision was because RDA switched to GNP.

If Conor can't KO Nate with his left straight or uppercut, he is going to have a rough night.

Ideally, you need some leg kicks for your best chance of beating a Diaz, and Conor doesn't have those.

Expect Nate to work off the jab.

He has the knee teeps to keep Nate at bay and has lots of body kicks to mess up Nate's timing.

Like you mentioned TS, even Nate isn't confident. You could tell at the press conference and in interviews after. He wants to collect his big check and it's back to being inactive for a while. Josh Thomson ended him with a head kick and punches and Conor's 10x the striker that Thomson is.

If this fight doesn't go to the ground then Nate has virtually no chance at winning this fight. He's getting stopped brutally if he can't get it down there. Conor will kick him around a bit likely before he boxes him up. Nate isn't standing with McGregor. He's going to hit a whole lot harder not being depleted from his weight cut down to 145. He'll be punching and kicking like a mule.

I'm bored in the middle of the night and remembered there is a whole UFC On Demand thing. On it they still have it set up as RDA vs. Conor so they have a few fights for everyone. I knew RDA won(obviously) but I forgot most of the fight. It was before many of us were taking RDA quite seriously. We all know RDA is a monster now and looking through those goggles I see that Nate doesn't have much of a chance against Conor for a couple for reasons.

1. RDA was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Nate: I didn't think RDA was slow(hell he's about as fast as Showtime) but it was dramatically different and that speed difference lead to Nate falling behind very fast. Conor will have a similar speed advantage. I also think Conor will be able to read him from a mile away.

2. RDA out struck Nate: Nate landed a few shots here and there, but nothing that bothered RDA too much and RDA was the better boxer and kick boxer.

3. Nate didn't look like he was in shape: Nate said he didn't take fighting RDA seriously(which in hindsight is silly because he had just knocked out Bendo), but either way he's not going to be in shape against Conor and that is going to be the same problem here

4. Nate troubled RDA on the ground a bit: I wanted to throw in a positive for Nate here. He was very active on his back and looked close to catching RDA a bit. I'd bet your money that RDA is better on the ground than Conor so that could be his best path to victory.

So I'm going to agree with Conor's assessment that this fight wont go past the first round. I feel as though Nate doesn't even really think he'll win.

Oh and one final nugget. I think this will be Nate's last fight for a while. He doesn't like fighting. He's good at it and it is a way for him to make money so that is why he does it. He doesn't like fighting just to fight like many of the other crazy people in the UFC. So I think once he gets this big payday he's gone... until he blows it. :p
Well analysed. I'll have to take a look again myself as well but I don't remember Nate as having much for RDA. In fact from what I can remember of RDA's fights I recall him being better in every area than most of his opponents. My memory could be off though. Either way I hope it's a fun fight with Nate and look forward to RDA getting back into the mix ASAP.

Like you mentioned TS, even Nate isn't confident. You could tell at the press conference and in interviews after. He wants to collect his big check and it's back to being inactive for a while. Josh Thomson ended him with a head kick and punches and Conor's 10x the striker that Thomson is.

If this fight doesn't go to the ground then Nate has virtually no chance at winning this fight. He's getting stopped brutally if he can't get it down there. Conor will kick him around a bit likely before he boxes him up. Nate isn't standing with McGregor. He's going to hit a whole lot harder not being depleted from his weight cut down to 145. He'll be punching and kicking like a mule.

Nate is the better boxer here. And that Thompson fight was the equivalent of GSP/Serra. When GSP fought guys like Hendricks, did you think GSP would get blown out because Hendricks is 10X the striker Serra is? No need to reference a fluke fight.

I wouldn't qualify it as "hung with" because RDA had him limping 90 seconds into the fight. The only reason it made it to a decision was because RDA switched to GNP.

He has the knee teeps to keep Nate at bay and has lots of body kicks to mess up Nate's timing.

Conor doesn't have the leg kicks RDA has and that was keyboard that fight, so you can't really compare these matchups. Conor leg reels have never shown to be damaging and won't stop the longer Diaz from hitting jabs and combos.

Conor can win though if he can land enough via speed but can he before Diaz wears him down with volume? Because Diaz won't fear the stand up like a lot of his other opponents.

Maybe it's just me but I think the Nate that fought MJ would have looked different vs RDA. Who knows tho, will be interesting anyways.
MJ just stand and traded punches with Nate for 3 rounds. I don't really think he was that different against RDA, it's just that RDA has a big arsenal, is much faster than Johnson and just overrall a better athlete and fighter. It's a lot like McGregor. McGregor has different abilities but he is fast just like RDA, super athletic and has multiple tools to end a fight. RDA is more complete but they're both miles from Nate. As a poster said before, the key is clinching, trying to work a grappling match out of it. But Nate doesn't fight like that. Whatever clinching and trying to take down opponents must have happened years ago with Nate. He fights very unidimensionally.

Nate is the better boxer here. And that Thompson fight was the equivalent of GSP/Serra. When GSP fought guys like Hendricks, did you think GSP would get blown out because Hendricks is 10X the striker Serra is? No need to reference a fluke fight.
Thomson demolished Nate. you're comparing apples and apartments here.

[QUOTE="basementdweller, post: 114039239, member: 492365" McGregor has different abilities but he is fast just like RDA, super athletic and has multiple tools to end a fight.[/QUOTE]

He has literally ended fights in he UFC one way. How has he shown multiple ways to end fights? Nate's shown more,with tkos,subs and straight up beat downs by attrition

Back