So I just rewatched Brandao vs conor(his ground game is not that bad)

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
When I said i rewatched, it wasn't intended. shit just appeared on my fb feed and i was like (i remember its jsut one min so fuck it).

conor was on top of him on the ground for a significant while.
conor was also in his butterfly guard for a while too.
Diego also had a heel hook almost locked in and conor easily escaped it.(lmao at retarded commentators calling it an ankle lock)
and a few other instances diego could have capitalized but conor IQ and athleticism was too much.

I know Diego aint no khabib but... he's a 2nd degree black belt in bjj and is the only guy i ever seen pull a helicopter armbar in MMA. You don't see many guys try that shit even in bjj tournaments, especially in no gi where u cant get a good grip for it.

ATsfQ4O.gif

When I said i rewatched, it wasn't intended. shit just appeared on my fb feed and i was like (i remember its jsut one min so fuck it).

conor was on top of him on the ground for a significant while.
conor was also in his butterfly guard for a while too.
Diego also had a heel hook almost locked in and conor easily escaped it.(lmao at retarded commentators calling it an ankle lock)
and a few other instances diego could have capitalized but conor IQ and athleticism was too much.

I know Diego aint no khabib but... he's a 2nd degree black belt in bjj and is the only guy i ever seen pull a helicopter armbar in MMA. You don't see many guys try that shit even in bjj tournaments, especially in no gi where u cant get a good grip for it.
Lol did you watch Diego’s other fights? The dude was an insane coke head who accidentally fired a gun at a club. And he fought like it too. He had 0 strategy he just went full Agro and swung for the fences instantly. I’ve never seen a grown man cry after knocking someone out, not because they were happy but because they were so angry. The dudes terrifying

You’re right it isn’t that bad. Even when he fought Khabib I was surprised how he was able to keep Khabib off him for the first portion of the fight..

The problem is his gas tank and his ground game having zero offence..

I see where you're coming from TS. I tend to believe that Conor's ground game isn't his strong point but I don't see much evidence to suggest that it's some area that any ground fighter can exploit. Khabib got significant offense on the ground but he's an elite ground fighter. There really isn't much evidence to go by when looking for holes in Conor's ground game. Diaz deserves great credit for submitting him, but I reckon it was more of a byproduct of tuning him up on the feet and fatiguing him in conjunction with Diaz simply being such a good grappler in general.

Conor fanboys at it again I see.

I will say that his guard passing when finishing Siver, was slick... granted it's Denis Siver.

- 5'7"
- 8 career KO losses
- knocked out in his fight before Conor

The fella already had a journeyman 18-10 record when he fought Conor and was coming off a KO loss. He's been knocked out 8 times, getting knocked out is basically his signature move.

Small, inconsistent journeyman that gets put away frequently, fighting a enormous featherweight. Yeah.

Back on planet earth, Conor has been submitted in all four of his career losses. Nate Diaz is arguably the worst MMA adapted wrestler of his generation, certainly of ranked lightweights. He is a truly terrible wrestler. He took Conor down... twice.

I'm a Conor fan but his ground game is terrible.

Against FWs he overpowered them with strength but his technique is trash which was very apparent against Khabib.

Conor's grappling at least on top is pretty sound and has been for a while

Does the "tree times me size" excuse work for Diego or does Conor have a patent on that one?

Conor fanboys at it again I see.

I will say that his guard passing when finishing Siver, was slick... granted it's Denis Siver.
slick...? get conor's balls out ur mouth before calling someone a fanboy.

Conor's ground game is fine. It's not Demian Maia, but it's not some white belt James toney shit Sherdog pretends it is.

His conditioning is a much more significant factor than his skills.

No it’s not that bad, it might not even be bad period.

But he gasses quick these days so I feel like if a guy just stays on him for more than a few minutes, that’s pretty much it.

Lol did you watch Diego’s other fights? The dude was an insane coke head who accidentally fired a gun at a club. And he fought like it too. He had 0 strategy he just went full Agro and swung for the fences instantly. I’ve never seen a grown man cry after knocking someone out, not because they were happy but because they were so angry. The dudes terrifying
10/10 he swung for the fences he’s terrible

Back