So I just joined a BJJ club at college...

Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean their underweight. I'm technically underweight yet when I go to the doctor everything is fine. It depends more on your frame then anything. Everybody is different, someone at 5'11 124 can be very sick while another can be perfectly fine. If he is comfortable at that weight and hasn't had any major problems so far then its fine.

And me not rolling with people over 200 has nothing to do with it. It's more of a ratio. You can weight up to 170 and rolling with someone close to a hundred pounds more then you will more then likely be a little painful.

So I guess you can continue telling people to gain weight and everything even though you have no first hand experience in what you're talking about.

Yeah actually we did a BMI calculator thing in human anatomy last year and I was at the low end of the proper weight for my size and age.

As previously mentioned, if the pain is reoccurring then see your physician.

With that said, it should be a priority to learn how to distribute that weight that is put on you. Ideally you never want your opponents weight on you, but in the mean time learn how to block/wall/bridge the weight a big guy tries to pin you with.

Don't worry about gaining weight... there are MANY successful individuals with your body type. It's also the reason weight classes were invented. Rolling habitually with bigger/stronger guys will only help you in tournaments or IRL. Even if you do start to gain weight later in life, it will only help you as being lighter now will FORCE you to use efficiency of movement.

Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean their underweight. I'm technically underweight yet when I go to the doctor everything is fine. It depends more on your frame then anything. Everybody is different, someone at 5'11 124 can be very sick while another can be perfectly fine. If he is comfortable at that weight and hasn't had any major problems so far then its fine.

And me not rolling with people over 200 has nothing to do with it. It's more of a ratio. You can weight up to 170 and rolling with someone close to a hundred pounds more then you will more then likely be a little painful.

So I guess you can continue telling people to gain weight and everything even though you have no first hand experience in what you're talking about.

No need to get your panties in a bunch. My FIRST statement (the one you said was not accurate) was just saying he should put on more weight to reduce injuries. It said nothing of him being underweight (although I can't help but believe he is). I do have first hand injuries with this because I am a skinnier guy and get a lot of rib injuries due to my weight.

Sweet, Christian Bale is doing BJJ now?

stickman.jpg

If you go to college, go to the health center if your problems are severe & persistent.

Are other guys just smashing you from side control/ knee on belly?

No offense but I already posted the problem in the previous page. It's definitely kidney stones. I have an appointment tomorrow at the health center to confirm. Thanks everyone.

Back