So, I have a rare interview of Royce Gracie...

You should've come here with the video already.

5d2e146d26badfea4e6ef388b18462d56322c0cadc13bee8323c4d0cd9f7372a.jpg

Sums it up perfectly.

I will sum this up the best I can.

In 1994 my brother got me a private lesson with Royce Gracie, I basically just wanted to roll with him, to feel his power etc.. I setup the appointment on the phone with him and asked if I could bring a video camera, he keep telling me "No" but after the 3rd or 4th time, he finally said it was cool, and now I have this video.

Anyway, I brought my best friend with me.. because we were both training in BJJ at the time, and we were curious what it was like to roll with the legendary RG.

My friend asked him one question "So, you dont like time limits in the UFC?" then he went off and spilled so much info, its insane.. he talked about Keith Hackney, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn and a shitload of other stuff (UFC related). I'm talking detailed shit, people being on cocaine before fights and shit hahahahah and I have it all on video.

My question is, would anyone be interested in viewing it? Should I take the time to transfer the video tape to digital? Do you think its worth anything etc?

Everytime I went to the Gracie Academy.. I actually saw a few "Gracie challenges" (Full contact fighting) live, challengers would get their ass kicked.. then one of the Gracie brothers would get them to sign up to learn BJJ.

P.S. I was on my back, and Royce was standing up, my foot was tucked in Royce's armpit, and I was setting up a heel hook from the ground.. I was getting all excited.. then Royce applied instant pressure to my ankle, I didnt even get a chance to tap, he straight up, fucked up my ankle for a few days! hahahah I remember slow tapping because my foot was already fucked up haha, oh man!

P.S.S before my first grapple with Royce, I did a crazy power ranger stance, like I know some exotic shit, I remember him looking at my friend as if to say "what the fuck is this?" it was funny to see his face, then I started to laugh, and tell him just kidding! (I didnt start filming right away, so its not on tape)

Yea dude. Share that. sounds interesting.

I will sum this up the best I can.

In 1994 my brother got me a private lesson with Royce Gracie, I basically just wanted to roll with him, to feel his power etc.. I setup the appointment on the phone with him and asked if I could bring a video camera, he keep telling me "No" but after the 3rd or 4th time, he finally said it was cool, and now I have this video.

Anyway, I brought my best friend with me.. because we were both training in BJJ at the time, and we were curious what it was like to roll with the legendary RG.

My friend asked him one question "So, you dont like time limits in the UFC?" then he went off and spilled so much info, its insane.. he talked about Keith Hackney, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn and a shitload of other stuff (UFC related). I'm talking detailed shit, people being on cocaine before fights and shit hahahahah and I have it all on video.

My question is, would anyone be interested in viewing it? Should I take the time to transfer the video tape to digital? Do you think its worth anything etc?

Everytime I went to the Gracie Academy.. I actually saw a few "Gracie challenges" (Full contact fighting) live, challengers would get their ass kicked.. then one of the Gracie brothers would get them to sign up to learn BJJ.

P.S. I was on my back, and Royce was standing up, my foot was tucked in Royce's armpit, and I was setting up a heel hook from the ground.. I was getting all excited.. then Royce applied instant pressure to my ankle, I didnt even get a chance to tap, he straight up, fucked up my ankle for a few days! hahahah I remember slow tapping because my foot was already fucked up haha, oh man!

P.S.S before my first grapple with Royce, I did a crazy power ranger stance, like I know some exotic shit, I remember him looking at my friend as if to say "what the fuck is this?" it was funny to see his face, then I started to laugh, and tell him just kidding! (I didnt start filming right away, so its not on tape)

Liar. None of that really happenened, and no such video exists. Or else, you would have posted this years ago WITH video in the original post. 2/10 troll!

curious as to what this actually means. Rickson teaches his armbar at seminars [which if you get the chance, do go to. well worth it]

Rickson's claim that he is 400-0 in street fights....which is entirely possible....and also sounds exactly like a number he made up off the top of his head.

I am reminded of a quote that I can't find in the Eddie Bravo/Royce beef thread where someone said that we're all just punk kids on old man Royce's lawn, with our rap music and non-hespect giving.

Rickson's claim that he is 400-0 in street fights....which is entirely possible....and also sounds exactly like a number he made up off the top of his head.

I am reminded of a quote that I can't find in the Eddie Bravo/Royce beef thread where someone said that we're all just punk kids on old man Royce's lawn, with our rap music and non-hespect giving.

I guess you never heard the story of where that number came from. At the time MMA wasn't regulated like it was today. Rickson had no idea what his record was, he just knew he fought a lot in his life and doesn't remember losing so when Pride asked what his fighting record was... he just made up some random number to guess all his fights he has ever been in and Pride used the number and announced it. It wasn't something he claimed as fact as he had no idea. He may have had a 100 or 1000 fights for all he knew at the time. This included all his BJJ matches, Gracie challenege fight, street fights... etc. And if that number included matches he won in training it would be well over 400 matches (maybe thousands... maybe even more) so i dont think he was trying to pad his record or anything. He was just trying to be honest. The man grew up defending his family name. He has had plenty of fights

I believe Helio addressed it in the Playboy interview.

curious as to what this actually means. Rickson teaches his armbar at seminars [which if you get the chance, do go to. well worth it]

he beat the shit out of this japanese guy that came and challenged him at his school and filmed it. He never released the video. Kron talks about it on the Rogan podcast how he would bring friends over and they would watch the video but rickson never wanted to release it.

Shoji anjo or yuji anjo, i forget the guy's name but he was a japanse pro wrestler and fought in pride. Ryan gracie beat his ass in pride.

I guess you never heard the story of where that number came from. At the time MMA wasn't regulated like it was today. Rickson had no idea what his record was, he just knew he fought a lot in his life and doesn't remember losing so when Pride asked what his fighting record was... he just made up some random number to guess all his fights he has ever been in and Pride used the number and announced it. It wasn't something he claimed as fact as he had no idea. He may have had a 100 or 1000 fights for all he knew at the time. This included all his BJJ matches, Gracie challenege fight, street fights... etc. And if that number included matches he won in training it would be well over 400 matches (maybe thousands... maybe even more) so i dont think he was trying to pad his record or anything. He was just trying to be honest. The man grew up defending his family name. He has had plenty of fights

I believe Helio addressed it in the Playboy interview.

What H

Back