So I guess I'm a cancer survivor

Naught2Sixty

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Back in December 2017, after undergoing a series of scans and tests looking for gall bladder issues, doctors discovered a tumor on my kidney. With some software measuring some CT scans with and without dye, my urologist told me that the tumor was a 90% chance of being cancerous.
Seeing how it was small and mostly on the outside of the kidney, my urologist suggested a partial nephrectomy to me. That is he wanted to open me up and cut off the part of my kidney with the growth. After months of deliberating I finally decided to go with it and I'm glad I did. The pathology report noted that the tumor was indeed cancerous. Clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Pretty rare for a dude who just turned 30 to be growing this type of cancer. In all likelihood, if left unchecked, the cancer would have grown, spread, been asymptomatic and would have developed into a metastatic stage 4 cancer by the time I was 40.

All in all I should count my lucky stars that a fluke CT scan helped me figure this out. If you have a friend or loved one you care about, you should tell them that today. You never know what kind of lemon life is going to throw at you. Happy to have the chance to live a better, fuller life.

20180814_154319_zpstrj4yuwy.jpg

I had prostate and skin cancer before i was 40. They cut everything out. Ive been ok, although i stopped getting checked not long after my last surgery, but i just found a lump in my chest in a lymph node thick area. So i just had a bunch of blood work done yesterday and i have a sono scheduled for tomorrow so we'll see.

I had prostate and skin cancer before i was 40. They cut everything out. Ive been ok, although i stopped getting checked not long after my last surgery, but i just found a lump in my chest in a lymph node thick area. So i just had a bunch of blood work done yesterday and i have a sono scheduled for tomorrow so we'll see.
Good luck buddy. Wishing you the best.

Back in December 2017, after undergoing a series of scans and tests looking for gall bladder issues, doctors discovered a tumor on my kidney. With some software measuring some CT scans with and without dye, my urologist told me that the tumor was a 90% chance of being cancerous.
Seeing how it was small and mostly on the outside of the kidney, my urologist suggested a partial nephrectomy to me. That is he wanted to open me up and cut off the part of my kidney with the growth. After months of deliberating I finally decided to go with it and I'm glad I did. The pathology report noted that the tumor was indeed cancerous. Clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Pretty rare for a dude who just turned 30 to be growing this type of cancer. In all likelihood, if left unchecked, the cancer would have grown, spread, been asymptomatic and would have developed into a metastatic stage 4 cancer by the time I was 40.

All in all I should count my lucky stars that a fluke CT scan helped me figure this out. If you have a friend or loved one you care about, you should tell them that today. You never know what kind of lemon life is going to throw at you. Happy to have the chance to live a better, fuller life.

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

giphy.webp

my aunt is about to die from Cancer. Brutal for the family

<mma3>You can never beat cancer in the long run. At best something beats you before it does.

Im available for party's...pm me.<34>

That's scary as shit. Thank God it was found, dude.

What symptoms did you have?
None that were related to the the cancer itself. I was experiencing a side pain that was my gallbladder swelling and after some scans of it with a ct my doc noticed the growth on my kidney by accident, referred me to a urologist and wham bam thank you officer.

All the best mate! Cancer has fucked up so many lives I like to hear the good stories.

I'm glad they caught it and you're doing well.

I'm on 24 years of remission from non-hodgkins lymphoma.

Back