So I broke up with my 18 year old girlfriend of 4 months yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nothing like that. She was a really cool girl. Probably going to end up being my lifetime high-water mark as far as hot/cool/likable girls go.

She was just dependent. She got lazy when we started dating. I tried to break up with her a few weeks ago, telling her she needed to get a job, but she never really acted on it. Paying for everything all the time gets old.

On top of that, I realized that I had sort of unplugged myself from my peer group because of our relationship. That seemed unhealthy.

Unplugged yourself from your peer group because you were embarrassed to take her around them or because she wanted you to spend all your time with her? Sorry about being nosey but im bored. Also have lots of same problems as you. Has she threatened to kill you or herself yet?

Legal or not that is fucked up.

Yeah. Go out there and look. Not just the young chicks, but everyone is nude or topless. It's crazy. But, you will see that young chick who looks goods, but is also young. Happens.

Very similar situation as you... Except it happened two months ago. Keep your head up Blake, it gets better.

I have been there also Blake. I went through a similar situation with an 18yr old back in May. I was the same age as you too. At least you got to end it on your terms and didn't get stabbed in the back like I did.

Now I'm all like "Bitch, don't kill my vibe, bitch, don't kill my vibe"

I'd like to see this sent to the OT. Fuck your relationship. Fuck anyone who keeps posting their relationship shit here. No one gives a fuck.

Unplugged yourself from your peer group because you were embarrassed to take her around them or because she wanted you to spend all your time with her? Sorry about being nosey but im bored. Also have lots of same problems as you. Has she threatened to kill you or herself yet?

Not embarrassed, exactly.

More like, everyone there would wink at me and give the side elbows when she wasn't looking - metaphorically, speaking, for course.

She was pretty bummed out. Mascara cheeks and all.

It wasn't fun for me in the least.

Not embarrassed, exactly.

More like, everyone there would wink at me and give the side elbows when she wasn't looking - metaphorically, speaking, for course.

She was pretty bummed out. Mascara cheeks and all.

It wasn't fun for me in the least.

Well it's not fun for everyone else to listen to stuff no one gives a fuck about.

In my position, what would you have done differently?

Not combating you, asking, sincerely.

Would not have attempted to have a serious relationship with an 18 year old.

An 18 year old is an adult, yes, but they are still growing as an adult. You can't expect them to keep up with a 29 year old in terms of maturity, and life experience/knowledge.

What a horrible time to break up with someone. I'm sorry to hear Blake but it's life, at least you had the chance to meet a great girl

Would not have attempted to have a serious relationship with an 18 year old.

An 18 year old is an adult, yes, but they are still growing as an adult. You can't expect them to keep up with a 29 year old in terms of maturity, and life experience/knowledge.

This is correct. Its not wrong to have a bit of fun and try something different but you had to know it wasn't going to work and shouldn't get to down on yourself

It was nothing like that. She was a really cool girl. Probably going to end up being my lifetime high-water mark as far as hot/cool/likable girls go.

She was just dependent. She got lazy when we started dating. I tried to break up with her a few weeks ago, telling her she needed to get a job, but she never really acted on it. Paying for everything all the time gets old.

On top of that, I realized that I had sort of unplugged myself from my peer group because of our relationship. That seemed unhealthy.

I spent nothing. No one has received a Christmas gift from me in 29 years.

I'm sad, but not because I feel helpless or anything like that. I just really wish I could have met this girl a few year down the line.

I hear you bud. And maybe you will meet someone like her, who is a bit more mature.

Don't worry about the rest of the posters, on dubbs no less, with their negative comments. I'm sure they realise flaming is not permitted and are only kidding.

Either way, how could you have expected it to ever work? The mentality of an 18 year old is almost virtually no different than that of a 16 year old. No matter how "mature" they seem and act. Most of them haven't even distinguished reality from their daydreaming fantasies... It was a doomed relationship from the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back