So, I bought one of those minimalist wallets from The Ridge

I've been interested in one of those for a while but my current wallet was a gift from my sister so I'd kinda feel like an ass if I switched. I'll probably get one when this one falls apart though.

I like to carry cash. So, those types of wallets never work for me. I either go with cash with a rubber band or around it or a chunky wallet. I been thinking about getting a high end name brand wallet but I’ve never come around it.

I have the opposite of a minimalist wallet that I've been using for 5+ years. Carries phone, wallet, and keys all in one. Love it but they do wear out so I have a couple brand new spares ready.

View attachment 846967

View attachment 846968
That's cool, bro. To each their own. With your's, you'll always have everything you need with you. But how/where do you carry it? Is there a strap or...

Hey, that's pretty sharp-looking. Had I not decided to go with a carbon fiber one I'd have gone with that or something very similar.

And yeah, The Ridge is pricy & I don't blame anyone for turning their nose up at spending that much on The Ridge. I guess I'm just a sucker for brand-name things. I got that from my wife. She was into high fashion & didn't believe in buying/wearing knock-offs. So, my spending $85 for The Ridge was an homage to her. LOL.
Word, totally understandable.
Honestly I dont mind paying more for things now then when I purchased that other wallet though.
My life has calmed down a bit so things are less likely to get lost, destroyed or, "walk off" when certain people are around so Im more open to it
But, there needs to be functionality and durability to whatever it is I go for. Except knives, Im all over the place with the knives I buy.

...ur friend that carries cash must hate you. Certain stores still only transact with cash...and i have to help pay my friend's meal everytime that happens! He never carries with him cash.

I could see the frustration there, haha.
For me, it hasn't really been a problem for years. Besides, the only things which know of for which cash is required are cocaine and hookers- I'm too old for the cocaine and too married for the hookers.

I could see the frustration there, haha.
For me, it hasn't really been a problem for years. Besides, the only things which know of for which cash is required are cocaine and hookers- I'm too old for the cocaine and too married for the hookers.
Carry at least $20 in cash at hand. You never know when you need them

Word, totally understandable.
Honestly I dont mind paying more for things now then when I purchased that other wallet though.
My life has calmed down a bit so things are less likely to get lost, destroyed or, "walk off" when certain people are around so Im more open to it
But, there needs to be functionality and durability to whatever it is I go for. Except knives, Im all over the place with the knives I buy.
That makes total sense, bro.

That's cool, bro. To each their own. With your's, you'll always have everything you need with you. But how/where do you carry it? Is there a strap or...
Yes, there are 2 belt straps on the back or I can use the clip for fast easy removal from the belt. I always need phone, wallet, keys everytime I go out so this makes sense for me. All in one

evibe-wallet-case-leather-back-left.jpg

NEW-RENDERS_Backs-carbon-cs_2000x.jpg

And I've got to say, I'm very happy with my purchase. Yeah, they're terribly overpriced at $125 from their online shop but I circumvented them & bought mine from Amazon for $85. I could have gone even cheaper by ordering one of the decent quality knock-offs but I decided to go with the authentic brand for the hell of it.

As I said, I'm loving it. I'm one of those individuals who carries his wallet in his right front pocket but doesn't like the feeling of a bunch of shit in my pockets weighing me down. So, I don't lug much around. All I carry are my license, a couple of IDs ( health insurance card, etc. ) & a couple of debit/credit cards. And I haven't used cash in years. So, The Ridge is pretty much perfect for me. My only regret is that in order to use my new wallet I had to stop carrying the one that Jana gave me two years ago for Christmas. It's a beautiful black leather Ralph Lauren Polo trifold but it's always been just a bit too large for my liking. So, now I'm using it to keep all my excess IDs, credit/bank cards, my vaccination records, etc. in.

How about the rest of you? Does anyone else carry a minimalist wallet?
Nice to see you, bezzer <3. You couldn't even put my keys in your pocket, and I still lose them in my hand bag.
This would be useless on me.

ive had the same ~10$ "minimalist" wallet for more years than i can remember. its just a magnetic cash clip with 5 slots for cards. the only wear ive noticed is that the card slots arent as tight as they were at first, but its not loose enough that any of the cards could possibly fall out when upside down anyway.

only complaint is that the magnet sometimes deactivates hotel cards. if i ever need to replace it, i might go with a non-magnetic clip.

Last edited:
My wallet is old, ugly af and was cheap even when i bought it
I even fixed it with fucking office stapler to fix a ripped section, wich should give idea of my respect for wallets
But is super flat and flexible, wich is good because i keep wallet on the right side ass-pocket (unless the ass-pocket does'nt have button)

Woman bought me a good looking one like 3 years ago, but i never use it because it's fat

I carry a black leather trifold wallet. I paid less than $50 for it at the Fossil Outlet Store.

And I've got to say, I'm very happy with my purchase. Yeah, they're terribly overpriced at $125 from their online shop but I circumvented them & bought mine from Amazon for $85. I could have gone even cheaper by ordering one of the decent quality knock-offs but I decided to go with the authentic brand for the hell of it.

As I said, I'm loving it. I'm one of those individuals who carries his wallet in his right front pocket but doesn't like the feeling of a bunch of shit in my pockets weighing me down. So, I don't lug much around. All I carry are my license, a couple of IDs ( health insurance card, etc. ) & a couple of debit/credit cards. And I haven't used cash in years. So, The Ridge is pretty much perfect for me. My only regret is that in order to use my new wallet I had to stop carrying the one that Jana gave me two years ago for Christmas. It's a beautiful black leather Ralph Lauren Polo trifold but it's always been just a bit too large for my liking. So, now I'm using it to keep all my excess IDs, credit/bank cards, my vaccination records, etc. in.

Was looking at that one a few years back myself. Like you, I carry wallet in right front pocket and only need a few cards, license and some folded bills just in case (but haven't used them in years).

I've gone el cheapo on wallets in the past but since even the cheap ones last 6 or 7 years, you might as well spring for whatever you really want and enjoy using it everyday.

Paid $90 for this one in shell cordovan about 6 years ago and it's got at least 10 years to go. Great minimalist design with just enough space for what I need.

8254473472_a19fc0032d_b.jpg

8254473382_160dd9dfc6_b.jpg

I bought one about 3 years ago and i love it. It was about 20 bucks plus tax for a knock off brand on Amazon called Fidelo. Def not knock off quality at all. Those Ridges were the one that got me into it but the price was way too steep. I highly recommend them if you can get them at a decent price

Last edited:

I've been using a Ridge for a couple of years and love it, though I have the clip, not the strap.

Back