So I almost got my buddy DQ'd during coaching.

No slams. Slams are cool for MMA but you don't want guys getting KTFO at local BJJ competitions.

You either get don't get triangled... escape... or tap.

None of this walking out of bounds or slamming shit.

But I doubt that. In BJJ, the lifter is responsible for ensuring that the bottom guy returns safely to the ground (which is very unlikley if his counter is to stand up)
I don't think that's quite right, this isn't collegiate wrestling. I can't slam him, but if he lets go and falls on his head that's his lookout. The rules aren't different if I lift him or he jumped up himself, I don't think?

I think lifting your opponent above your waist for a three count should score two, which would discourage playing hanging-off-my-opponent-like-a-baby-koala guard without getting people hurt.

Last edited:
I was there. That was my teammate and hes 15 years old. We put him in the adult division to see how he would do. I personally didnt hear the ref say he would ban him for a year, but I wouldnt be surprised because your guy slammed him before that. I do not think the slam was intentional, as he shot the triangle fast, and I dont think he had enough time to come to a knee. The AGC is an awesome tournament though, with great competitors.

Its a great tournament. I'm not talking bad about anyone here. I said it was my fault. And that wasn't a slam. The ref didn't even mention the slam when I apologized after. If whoever has the video and puts it on YouTube ill post it. My buddy dropped to his knees when the triangle was thrown. He did land a little hard though. I think from another angle It could have looked intentional or worse than it really was.

I just thought it was a funny story. I was at fault here no one else. I just found it interesting I had a harder time in my first fight because I was so used to being protected from similar positions.

Good luck to you guys and hope to see you in Canton March 23rd.

Off topic,

TS, how is the ear going?

Ear, looks a million times better than in my av...

That said, it's not pretty lol. I did make a youtube video where I drained it recently. If you wanna see that it's pretty gross, but I made a thread about it you can look up.

Back