So how would Condit-Brown have gone?

Condit would finish him. I don't think Matt is the most durable fighter, and Condit is right at home in the middle of an attrition battle.

Condit would win. Condit is a better version of Brown, and so not the best match up for Brown. Condit would love his aggression and give it back double and then some..

Condit finishes him within 3 minutes. Everyone that fights Brown fights like an idiot, their IQ and game plan go right out the window after the first few minutes.

QFT. Silva is technically a better fighter but once his gas tank was gone all skill and technique went out the window. That would never happen with Condit. I see Condit using his kicks to set up the finish. Condit will not gas and will not just stand and take shots. Brown is so tough and has amazing heart but you can not compare him to Condit after he beat a guy who has a 2 minute gas tank.

QFT. Silva is technically a better fighter but once his gas tank was gone all skill and technique went out the window. That would never happen with Condit. I see Condit using his kicks to set up the finish. Condit will not gas and will not just stand and take shots. Brown is so tough and has amazing heart but you can not compare him to Condit after he beat a guy who has a 2 minute gas tank.

I'm saying Condit beats Brown within the first round and then criticizing Brown's opponents for fighting stupid. In no way do I think Condit losses to Brown.

Best fight ever if they both come to scrap.. Brown doesn't protect the body very well, Condit would take advantage.

I can guarantee you Condit won't be exhausted after 3 minutes

Condit would use the same gameplan he did against Diaz. Matt Brown is a little more aggressive than Diaz though.

Condit via decision. Really hope it happens- probably the most exciting fight in the UFC on paper.

With the possible exception of his win over Hardy, Brown would be the easiest top 10 win Condit would have ever racked up.

Condit is better than Brown at every single one of his own strengths; pressure, cardio, power, chin, durability, and ability to capitalize when the opponent is hurt or makes a mistake. Additionally, he is much faster, has a better sub game, adheres to gameplans, is a superior counterstriker, and is far better technically on the feet and the ground. I usually agree that you can never quite count Brown out because of his heart, power, and chin alone, but Condit is like his super-powered doppelganger sent from another universe to destroy him.

Cliff notes - I'll stick to my original prediction. Condit via massacre.

I'd favor Condit, but Brown isn't going out without a fight.

Condit would have won, but I was sad the fight fell through. Would love to see Brown against the winner or loser or Lawler/Ellenberger, it's one of those fights that brings hardcore and Just Bleeders together.

Matt brown by TKO. Condits gonna get taken down at will. He'll be content with fighting off his back. He eats one too many elbows, he's done.

Matt Brown is the poor man's Carlos Condit.

Condit via TKO or Sub

Back