So how would Condit-Brown have gone?

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If the Matt Brown that showed up tonight showed up to fight Condit how would that have played out? I do recall that like 90% of sherdog (modest integer) thought Brown was in line for an ass whoopin but I said it then and I'l say it now, never count out Matt Brown.

Condit has an incredible chin and great heart. This would be a standup war and Condit would not have to worry about getting taken down much. I think he'd destroy Brown, but like you said, you can never count out Matt Brown.

condit has godly chin but i cud see brown wins by split or condit

Condit doesn't gas in 3 minutes and has a much higher fight IQ.

He would have taken a lot of punishment but he would have kept going to the body and forced Brown to crack.

The biggest story of the fight was that Silva hurt him to the gut no less than 5 times, all of them were obvious but he didn't target the body enough. A better fighter TKOs Brown there and Condit is definitely a better fighter.

I can't wait to see that fight. I think it'll happen, especially if Brown is out for a while too from broken ribs or something. Condit can let his torn everything heal up and maybe they'll cross paths.

Condit finishes him within 3 minutes. Everyone that fights Brown fights like an idiot, their IQ and game plan go right out the window after the first few minutes.

I picked Brown before and I'd pick him again.

Condit via actually sticking to a game plan vs Brown and having a chin.

Condit might lose the first round, as he often does, but he would totally outclass Brown after that. His cardio is just as good (probably better), he doesn't get overwhelmed by someone pressing forward, and is better than Brown technically.

The only way Condit would lose this fight is by injury TKO.

Brown would have a strong start and then be put down by a knee to the sternum and then submitted. Condit capitalizes better than Mein or Silva does and never gasses himself out trying.

It would have been a great fight.

By what? What area is he better than Condit?

I think Brown's aggression would force Condit to cover up a bit too much and Brown would walk away with a decision. Condit is probably better everywhere, but I don't think he's significantly better everywhere. Condit has a tendency to cover up and block shots which sometimes forces him to his back against the cage, which plays into Brown's style of fight. I don't remember Condit facing anyone who really got in his face and was attacking relentlessly with the same amount of heart and skill that Brown has. Condit is bigger than Brown and has fought much better competition, but I like Brown's striking style over Condit's in this fight.

Brown would have a strong start and then be put down by a knee to the sternum and then submitted. Condit capitalizes better than Mein or Silva does and never gasses himself out trying.

It would have been a great fight.

Brown being put down by body shots in 2 of his recent fights makes me think he will eventually be stopped due to one. I'm hoping he works on that, but that might mean he starts blocking his body more and gets clocked in the head instead.

Brown being put down by body shots in 2 of his recent fights makes me think he will eventually be stopped due to one. I'm hoping he works on that, but that might mean he starts blocking his body more and gets clocked in the head instead.

I could see it happening. To his credit he adjusted well tonight. Kept his arms in a better position to block or catch them. He controlled the range well too which also cut down the risk of him being caught(body or head).

Back