So how will you remember Yushin Okami's UFC career?

I'll remember him as a guy who went 13-5 in the UFC. The best fighter from Japan to fight inside the octagon, is how I'll remember him, along with how the UFC does not have the best fighters in the world even though they say otherwise. It's hard to take MMA seriously when the largest promoter chooses to cut a top ranked guy cause "they have a packed roster" according to Dana Whites twitter account.

I'll remember him as a guy who went 13-5 in the UFC. The best fighter from Japan to fight inside the octagon, is how I'll remember him, along with how the UFC does not have the best fighters in the world even though they say otherwise. It's hard to take MMA seriously when the largest promoter chooses to cut a top ranked guy cause "they have a packed roster" according to Dana Whites twitter account.

This. Dana had a crap ton of reasons for the Fitch cut, which was also unreasonable, but he really crossed the line with this one. Talk about not showing your brand's true colors. If the UFC is trying to make us question the legitimacy of their organization, this was definitely the right move.

Very strong, great grappler, limited standup, chin failed him in the end.

Top 5 MW of all time in the UFC.

However, I get a feeling that Okami isn't quite done in the UFC. I think he gets anywhere between 1 and 4 wins with some smaller promotions; and he'll be back on another Fight Night in the next 2 years. Hopefully, if and when he comes back, it will be with an easier opponent; that's how you 'build up' or 'promote' a fighter (as not everyone Mayweather or Tyson ever fought was the best in the division) and he'll hopefully have better standing strikes defense.

Doubt it. Yushin is 32 and has many fights. He seems to be more hittable/his chin is decaying. I'm sure he'll continue to fight but I can even see some hungry up and comers beating him, even though I would pick Okami to pretty much beat everyone outside of the UFC, but it would be a huge win for anyone outside of the UFC to beat him and then essentially get signed for beating him.. If Okami manages to string together impressive wins, I don't think the UFC would really be willing to pick him up again unless he builds some large following in Asia and they need him to fill in a card in Asia.

I'll remember him for being one of the best *** fighters (performance and W/L statistics wise) in the UFC and for also putting down contenders who were supposed to go over him lol

Sadly I'll remember him most for losing to Silva and Jacare. Nothing against Okami, I'm just a big fan of both those fighters.

A fighter is always remembered by his last fight in the UFC.

Last edited:
i'll remember him as a guy who stayed in the top 10 middleweight rankings for years.

Strong grappler who could shut down good fighters.

A solid fighter who I somehow managed to avoid watching throughout his career (bar a few fights).

i'll remember him as a guy who stayed in the top 10 middleweight rankings for years.

I forgot about this. Yeah fans should realize that

Back