So How Will Daniel Cormier Do At LHW? Will He Actually Beat Jon Jones?

Here's my guesses:

Cormier cruises through January's match
Drops a few pounds and fights one mid-level HW for exposure
Takes 6 months or so to drop to LHW
Whips another mid-leveler in a tuneup fight
Then gets Jones

I don't think anyone can beat Jones, but Cormier is probably the leading possibility.

Cormier is the same height as Rashad Evans, with shorter arms. Evans is in peak bulk/shape for his size, meaning Cormier needs to get himself into that same shape and same very low body fat percentage to maximize all of the 205er weight limit. Cormier has wide hips and a big butt, I don't know if he can get down to 205er without sacrificing a lot of upper body strength and we don't know if his handspeed will play at the lighter weight class either.

And Cormier, with his past weight cutting issue, will likely have to diet down closer to 205er than Evans does. So Daniel might have to be as low as 215lbs heading into his weigh in cut.

I mostly worry about his speed at LHW. Depending on when he dropped, I could see an immediate shot as the division has been pretty much cleaned out.

I guess Hendo and Gustaffson don't exist for people spreading this "LHW has been cleaned out" tripe.

Here's my guesses:

Cormier cruises through January's match
Drops a few pounds and fights one mid-level HW for exposure
Takes 6 months or so to drop to LHW
Whips another mid-leveler in a tuneup fight
Then gets Jones

I don't think anyone can beat Jones, but Cormier is probably the leading possibility.

Not a bad plan :D.

So you are convinced Jones could move up and clean out the HW division?

Clean out maybe not I'm not saying all the HWs are like this. Just the division over all is not filled with as many skilled well rounded athletes.

Back