So How Will Bellator on Dazn Work?

They are still working on the US package and the US market isn't the end all be all for Bellator.

Much smarter to expand to areas where u can generate revenue and a buzz instead of continue to wallow in the stagnant US market.

Ratings are dropping in the US no matter what they've done it's much smarter doing what they are doing currently.

Nobody is arguing otherwise.

My one and only point is that DAZN as it's being advertised now isn't worth it at all in the US.

I have the German version of DAZN for NFL, NBA, NHL etc.

Most of the events are available to rewatch for a certain amount of time.
Like yesterday's MLB game between the Rangers and Angels is available on demand for one week.
NBA games are also usually available for a week.

Have not heard/read anything about Bellator and how they want to handle it. Dunno if they can keep it up longer than a week when Bellator airs their events on Paramount, but DAZN exclusive fight cards (or in countries without TV deals) might have a longer storage time.

If you've any questions about their layout/design/video player, just ask.

I've heard that DAZN is looking to bring the other mma promotions to the US package too.That would be awesome if they do that having more combat sports is definitely a plus.

I think DAZN is going to have a hard time in America getting any kind of traction. I'm sure they'll attract some niche sports but I'm not sure they can make money off doing that. I really think boxing is what they should try to capitalize on and chew up everything they can(good start already). It's probably the biggest sport they can actually be a player in with the US market. Hockey(NHL) is another sport that they very well could be in the conversation of getting. They got some die hard fans that would subscribe for sure. But the sports that attract subscribers in masses in the US they'll never have a chance to get. Players in those circles are much bigger than them with much deeper pockets will make sure of that.

They are still working on the US package and the US market isn't the end all be all for Bellator.

Much smarter to expand to areas where u can generate revenue and a buzz instead of continue to wallow in the stagnant US market.

Ratings are dropping in the US no matter what they've done it's much smarter doing what they are doing currently.
Hey man we all love Bellator just like you. No need to defend every move they make.

Hey man we all love Bellator just like you. No need to defend every move they make.

Just stating what's obvious since people are wondering why they are focusing outside of the US.

I love Bellator. But i feel like this was a terrible decision, they are really banking on the European market right now.

Banking on the European market is a bizarre decision for them, when they are on terrible channels, air at irregular times, on tape delay of 24 hours to one week... I don't know what they are doing over there.

I think DAZN is going to have a hard time in America getting any kind of traction. I'm sure they'll attract some niche sports but I'm not sure they can make money off doing that. I really think boxing is what they should try to capitalize on and chew up everything they can(good start already). It's probably the biggest sport they can actually be a player in with the US market. Hockey(NHL) is another sport that they very well could be in the conversation of getting. They got some die hard fans that would subscribe for sure. But the sports that attract subscribers in masses in the US they'll never have a chance to get. Players in those circles are much bigger than them with much deeper pockets will make sure of that.
I agree about DAZN sadly, in Boxing they've gotten WBSS, those Boxing tournaments couldn't even get a bidder for the first season, that was paying anything decent for the rights, now Matchroom USA biggest fights all are happening in the UK at the moment, they don't have a strong roster to hold apparently 16 new fights, ESPN has Top Rank (They are using ESPN+ to air non Top Rank fights from Europe & Asia), Fox & Showtime have PBC, both are getting good money for their stable of fighters, so I don't think anyone big is jumping ship. HBO have an OK roster but Canelo & Triple G are on big money and should do great on PPV. At least Bellator also have a TV deal because other than diehards and Boxing websites, nobody on TV is pushing DAZN as a platform, Paramount are to an extent but they own Bellator, nobody else is. In the mean time, several European Soccer & Rugby (even cricket) and several lower conferences in College Football have been brought in to be exclusive to ESPN+ Thats to go with Grand Slam Tennis (early stuff) and some out of market NHL, MLB & MLS. That's not including Top Rank & UFC. ESPN will be pushing that platform, DAZN doesn't have a YV partner.

Back