So How Will Bellator on Dazn Work?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is it like FP can i rewatch events hours or days after they aired? some of us can't catch this shit live..

didn't tell me anything, anybody got that dazn?

Very poorly.

I have to buy it and I'm not thrilled about it. The details are still so scarce on how Bellator is showing their product on there. Will we have a library of old events, or even ones from earlier in the day? I have no idea, and that's alerting to me.

Bellator can barely put on two stacked events in a row in one year. They’ll have a “tentpole” with one relevant fight, one title fight, one Royce-DaDa, and 2-3 hand-picked mismatches to guarantee finishes, and it looks great...until it’s followed by 2 cards of Latourneau and Strauss vs Rickles 4 (I’m exaggerating just to make a point).

What will happen is that either TV cards will get even more watered down, or there will be less cards on TV overall, as they’ll probably stick all the good fights behind the paywall on DAZN.

Bellator can barely put on two stacked events in a row in one year. They’ll have a “tentpole” with one relevant fight, one title fight, one Royce-DaDa, and 2-3 hand-picked mismatches to guarantee finishes, and it looks great...until it’s followed by 2 cards of Latourneau and Strauss vs Rickles 4 (I’m exaggerating just to make a point).

What will happen is that either TV cards will get even more watered down, or there will be less cards on TV overall, as they’ll probably stick all the good fights behind the paywall on DAZN.

Only the WW GP is exclusive to DAZN that's 7 events everything else is simulcast on paramount with dazn.

I love Bellator. But i feel like this was a terrible decision, they are really banking on the European market right now.

I love Bellator. But i feel like this was a terrible decision, they are really banking on the European market right now.

Would you rather them flounder in the downswing north American market?

Plain and simple without DAZN bellator would be dead this deal gives them 3 full years of stability to build.

They've seen good signs outside the US so why not go big and go for it when the opportunity arose?
They can gain exposure with the western euro and UK series and also cherry pick standouts to the big shows in bellator it's a win win.for years it seems I've been calling for a challengers series like Strikeforce had and we are getting that now.The fights will feature the talent recently signed but also some bellator vets so this will help keep guys more active as well.

I will be coughing up the cash for DAZN no doubt.

I think DAZN has big time potential. It will be worth it with the boxing as well. I can see its sports library/catalog build up over time

is it like FP can i rewatch events hours or days after they aired? some of us can't catch this shit live..

Yes you can. You can watch any event they've aired on demand.

I got DAZN...
And yes you can rewatch it later for a couple of days....shit man they even still got the May Mac fight up...(in my Country at least)
Glory, BAMMA and EFC are up for a couple of days after it happened...

So is all the other stuff they show...

If you subscribe this week, you have the 1. month for free...

That means...you could watch the GGG x Canelo 2 fight for free...at least i can in my country

I got DAZN...
And yes you can rewatch it later for a couple of days....shit man they even still got the May Mac fight up...(in my Country at least)
Glory, BAMMA and EFC are up for a couple of days after it happened...

So is all the other stuff they show...

If you subscribe this week, you have the 1. month for free...

That means...you could watch the GGG x Canelo 2 fight for free...at least i can in my country

Unfortunately in the US we don't get any of the good shit like that.

I really don't think Bellator even knows what they are doing with Dazn.

If they did I'm sure we'd get the info on all that. The whole back library of Bellator is worth money. But it also a muddled past. When Bjorn owned it they'd do anything to get on TV. So who knows who owns what rights to that media. There maybe a lot of red tape to go through to get the whole library on DAZN or any platform.

I'm assuming an event that occurs Friday or whatever will be available for some time afterwards (couple weeks maybe). Being that US market is new and they have very limited media to distribute maybe it will always be up there.

Unfortunately in the US we don't get any of the good shit like that.

I've heard that DAZN is looking to bring the other mma promotions to the US package too.That would be awesome if they do that having more combat sports is definitely a plus.

This.

DAZN offers absolutely nothing proprietary or exclusive to the US audience to justify it's paywall other than bellator events and matchroom boxing cards. And those will only air once every other month or it seems.

This.

DAZN offers absolutely nothing proprietary or exclusive to the US audience to justify it's paywall other than bellator events and matchroom boxing cards. And those will only air once every other month or it seems.

They are still working on the US package and the US market isn't the end all be all for Bellator.

Much smarter to expand to areas where u can generate revenue and a buzz instead of continue to wallow in the stagnant US market.

Ratings are dropping in the US no matter what they've done it's much smarter doing what they are doing currently.

Back