So how stupid does RR being voted GOAT female athlete on ESPN look?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by blingking, Dec 31, 2016.

1. blingking

blingking stoppage

Remember last year Rousey won a fan vote in September for the greatest female athlete of all time.

Realistically even then she probably shouldn't have been in the field as she was the name in a sport which didn't have a long history on the female side.

Now it looks like a pathetic joke. Ronda wasn't a fraud, she was hyperbole, much like I'm sure some in the 90’s believed that Royce couldn't be beaten, Ronda looked like she was at least 5 years ahead of the competitive curve now looks like an incompetent fighter.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13465064/best-female-athlete-ever-bracket

2. SavageAngel

SavageAngel Brown Belt

In the 90's Royce never lost a fight, your comparison doesn't quite work, but I understand you.

3. marvinparsons

marvinparsons Green Belt

It is like being a world champion at quidditch at this point. Nobody competes in the sport so being the best isn't all that impressive. I've literally never met or heard of someone who knows a woman that competes in MMA. I'm not in the martial arts world at all but I at least know about 5-10 males personally or through others that have competed. And that's still pretty damn fringe.