So how stupid does RR being voted GOAT female athlete on ESPN look?

blingking

stoppage
@Brown
Reaction score
Remember last year Rousey won a fan vote in September for the greatest female athlete of all time.

Realistically even then she probably shouldn't have been in the field as she was the name in a sport which didn't have a long history on the female side.

Now it looks like a pathetic joke. Ronda wasn't a fraud, she was hyperbole, much like I'm sure some in the 90’s believed that Royce couldn't be beaten, Ronda looked like she was at least 5 years ahead of the competitive curve now looks like an incompetent fighter.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13465064/best-female-athlete-ever-bracket

In the 90's Royce never lost a fight, your comparison doesn't quite work, but I understand you.

It is like being a world champion at quidditch at this point. Nobody competes in the sport so being the best isn't all that impressive. I've literally never met or heard of someone who knows a woman that competes in MMA. I'm not in the martial arts world at all but I at least know about 5-10 males personally or through others that have competed. And that's still pretty damn fringe.

Back