So how soon before we learn thhat the Wilder-Fury fight is off?

Bit of a double edged sword for Fury imo. I think a real quality tune up would do him good, but the longer he makes his comeback the more chance of him losing his shit again also.

Yeah that’s why I think he wants this fight now. This will happen next, there are no good enough reasons for it not too

Fury does need another fight or two but ones that really push him. I think he should book David Price. Price is big, and they have some beef in the past. It is a step up in competition, and test Fury mentally.

No more fights in between, they are going for it. I also do wish tho, that he had a solid tune up or two. Price maybe, but he needs even more like a Bryant Jennings type, or Artur Szpilka

Bit of a double edged sword for Fury imo. I think a real quality tune up would do him good, but the longer he makes his comeback the more chance of him losing his shit again also.

That is what I have been saying. I think they want to cash him out as soon as possible, before he fucks up again. And by "they", I am including Fury himself. He seems very self-aware of his depression and addictions, and has managed to get very focused. Part of that is getting older and more mature. I legit think he is really trying to make this run last as long as he can, but someone as self aware as he is, also knows the risk of relapse, so he might as well make 10 million while he can.

Last edited:
Fury does need another fight or two but ones that really push him. I think he should book David Price. Price is big, and they have some beef in the past. It is a step up in competition, and test Fury mentally.
I agree that it would be good if Fury had some stiffer competition before fighting Wilder. But David Price? Despite not being known for his power Fury would get a highlight reel KO from that. At this stage of his career, I don't believe that Price has anything to offer for a fighter like Fury. A fight vs. a Dillian Whyte or a Kubrat Pulev would be a better test.

I agree that it would be good if Fury had some stiffer competition before fighting Wilder. But David Price? Despite not being known for his power Fury would get a highlight reel KO from that. At this stage of his career, I don't believe that Price has anything to offer for a fighter like Fury. A fight vs. a Dillian Whyte or a Kubrat Pulev would be a better test.
Agreed

Well Price will be game for this fight. And it will test Fury mentally. And who else can they get on short notice?

Well Price will be game for this fight. And it will test Fury mentally. And who else can they get on short notice?
On short notice a fight vs Dereck Chisora would be a good test for Fury as Chisora looked good in his last outing. They have fought twice previously with Fury handling him with ease in their second fight. It would be a good demonstration of exactly where Fury is at with regard to his form.

Back