So how sick is the 135 Pound Division right now?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Top contenders -
TJ Dillashaw (champ)
Cody Garbradnt
Dominck Cruz
Raphael Assuncao
Marlon Moraes
Jimmie Rivera
Aljamain Sterling
Cody Stamman
Bryan Caraway
John Dodson
John Lineker
Pedro Muhnoz
Alejandro Perez

Up and coming prospects -
Sean O’Malley
Ricardo Ramos
Petr Yan
Nathaniel Wood
Cory Sandhagen
Ricky Simon
Tom Duquesnoy
Manny Bermudez
Domingo Pilarte
Benito Lopez
Song Yadong
Boston Salamon

Other Notabales -
Rob Font
Thomas Almedia
Marlon Vera
Rani Yahya
Renan Barão
Yuri Alcanatara
Douglas Andrade
Jose Quinones
Brian Kelleher
Brett Johns

Sickest division in the UFC right now? I think quite possibly. So many awesome matchups that can be made. What are some matchups you’d love to see at Bantamweight right now?

So sick it should probably skip work for a few days and go see a doctor.

Some things are exciting but can't compete with LW.

I want Marlon Moraes to beat Silly Dilly.

It is definitely sick (in a bad way) if Cruz gets the next shot over Moraes.

I like the division as a whole but they keep fucking up who is in title contention. Dom/Dilly would be the 2nd title fight in a row where the contender is coming off a loss.

TJ/Moraes
Cruz/Assuncao
Lineker/Garbrandt
Rivera/Sterling

I'd like to see these matchups next.

Lineker vs Garbrandt is the fight to make. It'd be awesome to see Cody getting KOed 3 times in a row.

It's really great right now the only thing that would put it over the top would be if the 135lb champ actually defended against a contender in his own weight class perhaps even against a guy who took the belt from him instead of seeking out money fights, but that may be a bit too crazy.

It's not sick until there is James Vick in it

My favorite champ right now is TJ Dillashaw, actually my favorite top fighter in the UFC. The BW division reminds me of UFC's Light Heavy weight 2007-2009 Where the top 5 Machida, Rashad, Shogun, Rampage, Griffin were all playing hot patato with the Belt, while some prospects like Jones, Bader, Davis and Gustafsson were roaming around.

Uhh you just named the whole division. The division has always been held up by rivalries cody/tj/dom/faber. im ready for tj vs assuncao 3 lolololol

I still like to think of it as the Brian Caraway division.

Pretty sick. I don't see how a grown man without AIDS could get below 135lbs

It is definitely sick (in a bad way) if Cruz gets the next shot over Moraes.

I like the division as a whole but they keep fucking up who is in title contention. Dom/Dilly would be the 2nd title fight in a row where the contender is coming off a loss.

TJ/Moraes
Cruz/Assuncao
Lineker/Garbrandt
Rivera/Sterling

I'd like to see these matchups next.

Fook yeah to all those match-ups. Also, Almeida vs O’Malley!

Pretty sick. I don't see how a grown man without AIDS could get below 135lbs

They're all 150-160lbs...which is perfectly normal for guys their height and frame size. Everyone's perception of what an acceptable weight is dramatically skewed these days by all the fatass people. The average man weighed 150 in the 1950's. Today, the average 5'9'' tall man weighs 196lbs with more than 20% body fat.

I thought Volkanovski was at 135. I'm an idiot <{anton}>

BW and LW are the most stacked divisions. Garbrandt won't be considered a contender until TJ's been dethroned, though. He'll probably scurry off to 125 in shame.

Back