1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

So how funny would it be if Manhoef KOs Corey TFO?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by AimedWithV, Nov 4, 2020.

1. AimedWithV Wound in the Force

And what will be the implications on the LHW title picture?
    Please discuss

RDUBYA, scottjoebob and Enigma87 like this.
  2. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

That would actually prove that UFC LHW division is a disaster. I don't think Coker would be mad if Manhoef sleeps Corey :D

Nemkov will rematch Davis, fight the winner of Polizzi/Anglickas and Mousasi superfight so it's not like he doesn't have any opponents left

3. AimedWithV Wound in the Force

Nemkov is definitely hugely underrated. But Corey's chin and ability to get punched before he gets a TD is nothing new, it can happen to him any time - regardless to Manhoef's wear and tear and nonexisting TDD/ground work

4. Doctor Grudge Green Belt

Then it validates that Bellator guys can hang with UFC guys. Especially if Manhoef who is about to retire and is basically a can beats a top 5 UFC guy.

Like someone else said they have other guys to fight for the belt.

5. mime Black Belt

Not funny but cool. Still think corey wrestles him to a win but theres a chance

6. careto Black Belt

it would be funny to see their shitty matchmaking blow up in their face...again.
    I think Nemkov should already be scheduled to fight Davis, and the next in line should be whoever wins a title eliminator between Corey Anderson vs Anglickas/Polizzi

skylolow and AimedWithV like this.
  7. Memeojima Banned Banned

Who's Corey TFO? Sounds like a mumble rapper

DrGlaze likes this.
  8. AimedWithV Wound in the Force

Funny thing is that corey Taylor is a mumble rapper nowadays....sigh...

fifinex and Memeojima like this.
  9. AimedWithV Wound in the Force

200% this.
    The worst thing about Cokerchou being in charge of Bellator, is the matchmaking they brought from their SF era,

careto likes this.
  10. thoughtsone Silver Belt

I would love to see Manhoef win this just because I am a fan. I think it would stop Melvin from retiring though, until he loses again, but if he won this and retired it would be kinda awesome for him.

11. careto Black Belt

They dont seem to learn.

12. The Coolman Black Belt

A LHW getting KOed by fat WW? Comedy gold.

13. GangGangGang Brown Belt

Weve seen Corey flatlined in 3 of his last 7 so its possible

14. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

They're not paying Corey whatever they're paying him to hope he makes their other guys look good.

15. AimedWithV Wound in the Force

UFC refused to re-hire him when his salary was around $70. Bellator don't even to raise it from there, but even if they don't, it's indeed considerably large sum from them, they're not UFC.

Manhoef fights awfully cheap, I don't know why. He always fought for peanuts.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  16. tat2man5k Black Belt

TBH, I'm not sure anyone would be surprised by it. MM hits like a frickin truck.

waldywaldy and Falconkick like this.
  17. norsuu Green Belt

1/10 of funny

18. Guffman Brown Belt

I listened to Corey on Rogan's show awhile back and he seemed like a good guy-so I don't think it would be "funny" if Melvin KO'd him. Hope he gets the title soon, really.

19. skylolow Silver Belt

It really won't prove anything as far the UFC vs Bellator or whatever.

All it shows is poor matchmaking once again. All the risk in this fight is with Anderson/Bellator and zero on Manhoef. Melvin has always been kind of a promoter's problem child of what to do with. The dude can blitz anyone in the world and then lose to basically a nobody. He just never has a whole lot of consistency throughout his career to push him high up the ranks. So maybe tonight he goes out and KO"s Anderson and now your new prize top 10 fighter just got KTFO in the first round by guy who is practically retired. Now you don't know what to do with either guy. Anderson should really be fighting one of the top 3 in the division where the outcome doesn't hurt the future of the LHW division. No too mention those guys aren't known for the crazy KO power Manhoef has so Anderson win or lose should at least look good in the fight. That is the safe and smart matchmaking that should be going on here. Melvin at this point in his career shouldn't be fighting guys you could make an easy argument for a title shot right now. All this fight would prove is once again Coker seems to never think things through with matchmaking and the effects it could have. It's all about right now and it seems to work for this event, so let's roll with it.