So how exactly did the media "turn on" Ronda?

Take the weigh-ins.

Ronda making weight, smiling and waiting an extra 5 seconds to let the photographers do their thing is not a story.

Ronda skulking around backstage, then dashing on and off the scale while making weight IS a story. People talk about it, debating whether she is folding under pressure or laser-sharp, ready to make an example out of Nunes. No one in their right mind is looking at this and thinking: "bah... Ronda is shook. Pass for me."

No casuals I speak to know she is fighting.

"Oh, yeah, I kinda heard something, when is that?"

That's a nice theory but I don't think it adds up. Maybe this is "new and different" for fight nerds.

That's a nice theory but I don't think it adds up. Maybe this is "new and different" for fight nerds.
No one cares about the casuals you know. Its not really a good argument.

What makes casuals 'casuals' is that they don't religiously watch every major event. Sometimes they get the idea to see 'UFC', sometimes they want to go bowling. So you telling me that the small group of casuals you know are not tuning in for 207 is not really a solid argument.

But whatever.. I'm going on a hunch too. Numbers will tell the story, as you wrote earlier.

I just want to watch the fight.

Haha.

You're like this..

890514891.jpg

She's done media.
Like the EA Sports UFC 2 media where they couldn't ask her about fighting? She's just an absolute joke. There's no other way to put it. If they don't roll out the red carpet, she'll throw a tantrum.

Like the EA Sports UFC 2 media where they couldn't ask her about fighting? She's just an absolute joke. There's no other way to put it. If they don't roll out the red carpet, she'll throw a tantrum.

Or she just had a deal on what media she would do and there was no tantrum. I know the narrative is better when there's tantrums and shit. Run with that one.

The media was all over her in times of glory and equally all over her in her time defeat. It's the media. That's what they do. Ronda is an idiot to think they give a shit about her as a person. The shadow cast upon Ronda after her loss was largely her own fault. She never thought she'd have you walk to the path of loser. She was far from gracious in victory and thus her fall was harder than most. She can beg for sympathy on Ellen all she wants but when you treat people the way she does on and off camera, there's no one to else to blame. Let us cheers to Travis jizz for without it there would only be one title fight tomorrow.

That started the moment she got KTFO.
Shed didnt have a fight,and she took a long break. She HAS to do media then too? the fuck outta here.

First of all she hasn't actually said why for her mma media blackout. Dana has said that she feels they turned on her. As a Ronda fan, I do wish she would state clearly and definitively her reason why.

That said, proceeding under the "they turned on me" idea for the sake of this discussion I can see some of her point. A lot of "mma journalists" are just fans with a website and a few social media accounts connected to it. You don't get the level of journalistic objectivity that would would expect from a bigger outlet. When you look back at articles about her the last year, some were really fair in how they covered her and some were about the same as if a sherdogger wrote them. Just a link on a tweet followed by an article that says "she was never good ..only defeated cans etc" On that level I sorta understand why she shuns mma media over mainstream media.

First of all she hasn't actually said why for her mma media blackout. Dana has said that she feels they turned on her. As a Ronda fan, I do wish she would state clearly and definitively her reason why.

That said, proceeding under the "they turned on me" idea for the sake of this discussion I can see some of her point. A lot of "mma journalists" are just fans with a website and a few social media accounts connected to it. You don't get the level of journalistic objectivity that would would expect from a bigger outlet. When you look back at articles about her the last year, some were really fair in how they covered her and some were about the same as if a sherdogger wrote them. Just a link on a tweet followed by an article that says "she was never good ..only defeated cans etc" On that level I sorta understand why she shuns mma media over mainstream media.
On top of that,she can get away with it,so she does it. Im sure people who have felt slighted in the past would do the same if they could get away with it. Im sure Nick and Nate would never do a press conference ever again if they could get away with it just because they are more private people. Lets not act like Ronda is the only one feeling this way. She can just get away with it because of her abilities to go on Conan or Ellen whenever she feels like it.

She feels the media turned on her - according to Dana. This is what we usually post whenever Dana says something:

dnB4qqk.jpg

#funfact

<33>

Shed didnt have a fight,and she took a long break. She HAS to do media then too? the fuck outta here.

ronda-rousey-lax-airport-covered-face-pillow-terminal-ufc-shame__oPt.jpg

"After the olympics, I shyed away from media, I didn't want to do any of it. But with women's MMA, the sport it's self is reliant on media and how much exposure we get. I have to do it now" - Ronda Rousey.

She feels the media turned on her - according to Dana. This is what we usually post whenever Dana says something:

dnB4qqk.jpg

#funfact

<33>
i 100% believe this is the case though

Back