So How "Big" Did Last Night's Main Event Feel Once It Started?

ssc280

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This was marketed as the biggest fight (or one of) in the history of the UFC, and I thought it was leading up to it. But once it started it just it just didn't seem to have the feel and buzz among people as past fights that had been considered huge, all time fights, even when it was a close fight after a couple of rounds. Anybody else feel this way?

Butterflies for me. Died down in the 4th and 5th.

No. The first 3 rounds were pretty good. Jones in the first looked like he got a good rhythm going but then DC at the end started connecting. Then in the second DC looked like he gained the momentum, but Jones turned that around again. The 4th/5th rounds were kind of lackluster, but the first 3 were what many people were hoping to see. It was a good competitive battle for the first 3 rounds.

I get this surreal feeling, it doesnt start until i see them both in the same shot though.

When DC walked out to that bombastic music and started running to the octagon, I got chills and had to stop myself from yelling at the top of my lungs at the bar.

When the fight began and they began their dirty exchange, I lost my shit. I thought, "This is it, it's actually happening. They're killing each other and it's beautiful."

Last two rounds pissed me off though.

This was marketed as the biggest fight (or one of) in the history of the UFC, and I thought it was leading up to it. But once it started it just it just didn't seem to have the feel and buzz among people as past fights that had been considered huge, all time fights, even when it was a close fight after a couple of rounds. Anybody else feel this way?
did you watch it alone?

Back