So have people yet acknowledged DC outboxed Jones?

Lol yeah I'm the one gotten to cause I'm the one digging up a random post whilst taking it out of context and calling it a thread. lmao. Just use some Preparation H and I'm sure you'll get over it real quick bruh. Lol.

Cooking gel

Lol yeah I'm the one gotten to cause I'm the one digging up a random post whilst taking it out of context and calling it a thread. lmao. Just use some Preparation H and I'm sure you'll get over it real quick bruh. Lol.

I was right about the footwork comment?!!! haha! wtf.

Cormier did get the better of him boxing wise, but it wasn't that far off. Pretty competitive if you ask me.

TS have you acknowledged Jones defeat of DC?

Just playin TS, but honestly, I feel like Jones uses his hands better from the outside with single shots, when they're mixed in with the other strikes he throws. He landed a nice body shot in the DC fight, and has landed significant strikes with his hands in past fights as well, it's just not his biggest strength. When Jones fights in close, he likes to use a lot of elbows as he showed. DC was doing a good job with his hands but Jones ability to throw a variety of his strikes works to his favor. Being unpredictable is something people pegged him as from the get go, that makes a huge difference at the highest level.

Jones' boxing skills in his range > his boxing skills in close. That doesn't mean he isn't good in the clinch. The Glover fight was eye opening for me. I thought Jones would want to stay as far away from Glover as he could for the whole fight but he fought in the clinch quite a bit and was successful.

Lol I agree completely man. It's hard to swallow as a DC fan but Jones outclassed him. Still hurts a little to say that though even a week after haha.

DC has decent hands for a wrestling-based fighter. He's one of the better boxers in the division while Jones is one of the worst. Jones just doesn't have it in him to box well. He's too awkward and robotic.

I was right about the footwork comment?!!! haha! wtf.

Tbh I don't know. I'm assuming I posted something similar to that? Why else would you even bring it up? I only have a foggy memory though of being pissed at Myles for even trying to grapple with Cerrone after that 1st attempt and saying he should take advantage of Cerrone on the feet. I know for sure I have also in the past criticized Cerrone's footwork so yeah.

If you're telling me you made that up as a way to use sarcasm though then that's just weird.

Unfortunately DC gassed so bad by the end of the fight that all his good uppercuts and other strikes did not seem as impressive as they would have been if DC ended on full energy. Even though Jones also looked tired, DC looked like he lost due to his waning cardio. Even his corner kept saying keep your head up in between rounds.

Tbh I don't know. I'm assuming I posted something similar to that? Why else would you even bring it up? I only have a foggy memory though of being pissed at Myles for even trying to grapple with Cerrone after that 1st attempt and saying he should take advantage of Cerrone on the feet. I know for sure I have also in the past criticized Cerrone's footwork so yeah.

If you're telling me you made that up as a way to use sarcasm though then that's just weird.

Yep, just a shot in the dark lol, nailed it! lmao..... carry on.

Yep, just a shot in the dark lol, nailed it! lmao..... carry on.

Meh, now I'm positive I never said that lol. I just checked. Not gonna lie that comment had me believing I did though. Touche.

Meh, now I'm positive I never said that lol. I just checked. Not gonna lie that comment had me believing I did though. Touche.

I totally just Jedi mindtricked you. Thats a first. :)

DC did out box him. From the Inside and out. Jones did outstrike Cormier in rounds 1and 4, 5 was a wash. Jones did control DC more tho hence the win

Jones boxing is average at best I think everybody knows that but this is MMA and he can use a lot more techniques than just boxing. His striking his very good but his hands aren't the best.

This.
Jones' boxing is pretty whatever, apart from his body shots
and a decent jab. He's best when he uses his kicks and wrestling

DC did out box him. From the Inside and out. Jones did outstrike Cormier in rounds 1and 4, 5 was a wash. Jones did control DC more tho hence the win

Jones outstroke DC in 1,3,4,5 rounds and overall.

About boxing I think its even or slight edge to Jones. But clinch overall and kickboxing - for Jones.

Back