So GSP has the record for winning 33 straight rounds....

It is just easier to count the number of consecutive fights they went without losing a round.

Fedor = 28

GSP = 8

GSP probably has the record in the UFC though

The problem is not all fights are 5 rounds. And PRIDE's 1st 10 minute round should count as 2 rounds.

It will be a hard record to beat because during that streak Georges was winning 5 rounds a fight so per fight he was winning more rounds than the average fighter. Looking at the current roster Nurmegomedov probably has the best shot of getting to that mark, but I sincerely doubt this will happen. Even the most dominant guys lose at least a round a year, if not a full fight.

I know a lot of people will point out that this record shouldn't be considered as impressive since it means a lot of not finishing, but think of it this way.

Every single round you fight is a chance something can go wrong and you can get duffee/russow'd or anderson/sonnen 1'd

there's always that chance in every round, and going 33 rounds without someone finding a way to beat you is insane. And that's talking about losing the fight in general. He went 33 rounds without even losing the round.

its a hypocritical argument at best.

Every time Anderson or a top striker fights a top wrestler (even JDS v Cain) and the do not perceive the striker being finished, the argument is that 'the striker just needs one moment to end it and the wrestler/grappler has to survive 5 rounds'.

They know and believe it is very dangerous to have to try and survive 5 rounds V a dangerous opponent.

There is nothing inherently safer in that, then ending the fight in the first round.

i dont think there will ever be another fighter that good, to win every round for several fights and not manage a finish.

if you include fights where there is a finish i *think* cormier and maybe khabib are close-i dont think weidman has lost a round yet either, problem is he has only three decision wins and those three are the only times he has been past the second round.

Keyword was BEFORE they faced GSP.

Kos lost to Thiago Alves and Paulo Thiago before he faced GSP. Also has an older loss to Drew Fickett.
All BEFORE he faced GSP.

I can look at the records of the others, but why bother.

Will that record stand for another 10 years?? Thoughts

GSP's record is from Koscheck 1 (Aug 07) where he clearly lost one round if I am not mistaken, until Shields (Apr 11) when I think he lost the last round, or at least one of the later rounds.

It's a mean feat, but I think he should lose some of the lustre, for actually managing to lose a round of stand-up to Jake Shields.

I can't see anyone beating that record anytime soon. Maybe Velasquez, but no-one else in the UFC has much of a chance that I can think of. Cormier, Jones, Gustafsson, Rashad, Rumble, will all take rounds off each other. Same with the top dogs at middle, welter, light, feather, bantam, and fly.

Unless he dropped one round to Shalarous (can't really remember that fight), he is perfect thus far in the UFC.

Don't know about the fights before that, though.

He definitely lost at least a round to Tibau. Many actually though Tibau deserved the nod.

Has Khabib lost a round yet? I could honestly see him beating it.

Bump, qft.

Get this guy an award. Khabibi is two more rounds shy of taking one of Georges' signature accomplishments. The only hope the record has is if Conor KOs him in the first his very next fight which I find unlikely. Hats off to both men.

Back