So GSP has the all time record for winning 33 straight rounds....

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Winning 33 straight rounds is incredible almost unbelievable....Considering Ronda has only won 12 straight rounds imagine how much of a monster Georges was to win 33 rounds in a row........

really shows just how screwed fighters were fighting gsp during his streak. That is one insane stat. People can complain that he didn't finish fights, however to dominate and control top contenders for 33 rounds is crazy

He also never lost a decision, if you couldn't finish George you were gonna lose.

Winning 33 straight rounds is incredible almost unbelievable....Considering Ronda has only won 12 straight rounds imagine how much of a monster Georges was to win 33 rounds in a row........

Well considering Ronda finishes everyone she fights and with one exception in the first round, that's going to keep that number low

That being said it's a pretty big accomplishment by GSP. Amazing fighter

Well considering Ronda finishes everyone she fights and with one exception in the first round, that's going to keep that number low

Was gonna say this lol

The great thing about this streak is no matter how you look at it if you end up discrediting what GSP did everyone starts looking at you as a joke........

GSP is the GOAT.

Not the entertainment GOAT though ;)

Yes, it's not really fair to compare these two fighters. Both dominate(d) but in entirely different fashions.

GSP is the welterweight GOAT. No ifs or buts about it....the guy is a fighting technician.

Its not really a streak he should be super proud of.

Yes he wins ... but he can't finish anyone. MMA is suppose to be close to an actual FIGHT yet he can't damage his opponents enough to make it look like they were in a fight.

Fedor brutally destroyed his opponents.
Anderson Silva made his opponents look like they were fighting an inhuman monster. That look in Rich Franklin's face said it all.

NO ONE was actually scared to fight GSP.

Against Fedor and Silva ... many of them knew they were in for a world of pain, hurt and possibly humiliation.

Against GSP ... meh ... the judges said I lost even though I am not hurt at all. That's the only thing most of them probably thought after fighting GSP.

Put it this way ... if someone offered us 1 million dollars if we can survive ONE round vs any of the 3 GOAT (not counting Jones) .... who are you going to pick.

It sure as hell won't be Fedor or Silva.

You are going to pick GSP to fight against since he is the easiest one.

Until the Jake Shields fight i never thought Georges was boring. That fight though was horrible and it made me a little less interested in his fights after that but i will never forgot watching the second beating of BJ Penn. Fuck that was cool.

Yes, it's not really fair to compare these two fighters.

That's for sure...

Strength of schedule:
 Georges had 14 UFC title bouts (2nd place*Source). More than both Andy and Fedor. 59% of the fights in his entire professional career have been for a title (16 title fights out of 27 total fights). Better than both Fedor and Andy
 GSP has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (1st place*CoffeeandBeer's thread). GSP has almost as many wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight as both Anderson and Fedor combined.
 Georges has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (1st place*Rester's thread). GSP fought in the UFC's WW division that historically had a much deeper talent pool than the UFC's MW division where Silva fought and Pride's HW division where Fedor fought.
 St-Pierre

Apple's and oranges comparing ronda to gsp. Women's BW pretty much blows. Welterweight has always been filled with monsters.

That's for sure...

Strength of schedule:
 Georges had 14 UFC title bouts (2nd place*Source). More than both Andy and Fedor. 59% of the fights in his entire professional career have been for a title (16 title fights out of 27 total fights). Better than both Fedor and Andy
 GSP has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (1st place*CoffeeandBeer's thread). GSP has almost as many wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight as both Anderson and Fedor combined.
 Georges has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (1st place*Rester's thread). GSP fought in the UFC's WW division that historically had a much deeper talent pool than the UFC's MW division where Silva fought and Pride's HW division where Fedor fought.
 St-Pierre

Demetrious Johnson is currently at 21 straight rounds but he has 4 finishes in that stretch.

I'm starting from Dodson round 3.

Georges was incredible but I always thought that was a bit of a dubious record.

Beating everyone who beat him (in a tough division no less) - Absolutely amazing
Most consecutive rounds won - impressive but hugely dependent on his inability to finish fights

Demetrious Johnson is currently at 21 rounds but has 4 finishes in that stretch.

I'm starting from Dodson round 3.

Yeah but problem is he is fighting John next again....BTW MM is a complete beast.

Georges was incredible but I always thought that was a bit of a dubious record.

Beating everyone who beat him (in a tough division no less) - Absolutely amazing
Most consecutive rounds won - impressive but hugely dependent on his inability to finish fights

or the quality of opposition.......Ever thought about that one?

Back