So Greg Jackson wanted GSP to Spar with Shane Carwin?

GSP is one of the smartest trained athletes in the sport. Regardless of what the full truth is on this, GSP knows what he needs to be doing with his training. Just as he demonstrated after returning triumphantly, from what was a potential devastating career impacting injury. GSP has trained with many sparring partners in heavier weight classes, so if this is really true than there is probably some good reasoning to it, and Dana perhaps may be on to something.

Spar?
Like kickbox or grapple?

Either way, what's the big deal from Georges or Dana?
I doubt shane is cold KO'ing guys in practice just fucking around and GSP is elite enough to know to deal with someone that size.

I dont get the outrage at all.

If it were grappling, it would test GSP against a behemoth. Certainly beneficial.

Striking, it would be mostly pointless.

Either way, just White angling for his own opinion.

Spar?
Like kickbox or grapple?

Either way, what's the big deal from Georges or Dana?
I doubt shane is cold KO'ing guys in practice just fucking around and GSP is elite enough to know to deal with someone that size.

I dont get the outrage at all.

I've seen people get KO'd often in sparring. I'm not a fan of contact sparring even with head-gear at the best of times let alone between a HW and a WW.

People saying this is no big deal should probably read the stories about Hector Lombard trying to KO everyone he spars with.

Seems like I remember hearing that boxers routinely spar against heavy fighters.

Dana perhaps may be on to something.

this is has possible has Don Genus losing his belt

If GSP was asked to train with Shane it would most probably not be a full contact exercise i am guessing.

I wonder what Greg told George when he asked him why he wanted that to happen though.

If it were grappling, it would test GSP against a behemoth. Certainly beneficial.

Striking, it would be mostly pointless.

Either way, just White angling for his own opinion.

It would be good for Carwin, getting used to someone more agile and quick.

There's a vid of gsp swearing like a lumbrrjack after matt sera 2 i think but its french.

Too many retards going from spar to boom for the hell of it.

There's a vid of gsp swearing like a lumbrrjack after matt sera 2 i think but its french.
swearing in french is not the same

it's like breathing in that culture

to protest the atrocities the church committed on their people basically telling everyone how to live and at the same time molesting their children

practically all swears in french are church related

the more you know

I just think gsp wouldnt say fuck on camera but he would definitely say it in private. Also im french canadian.

I've seen people get KO'd often in sparring. I'm not a fan of contact sparring even with head-gear at the best of times let alone between a HW and a WW.

Sorry, I agree that it sucks to get hit in the head, but how the fuck do you get good at boxing without boxing?

I just think gsp wouldnt say fuck on camera but he would definitely say it in private.

he says it in the video where he and Joe Rogan are kicking a bag together on youtube. Rogan teaching the turning side kick. GSP is the freaking man!

this is has possible has Don Genus losing his belt

If GSP was asked to train with Shane it would most probably not be a full contact exercise i am guessing.

If GSP were to decline, I would be inclined to believe it would be. Any WW Champion to take a risk of being KOed by a HW would be an idiot and would be playing russian roulette with his career. Sorry but getting KOed is never good for your brain, neither your life, or your career. Especially when you are a World Champion, one of the greatest at that, and have a responsibility to be defend your world title.

It'd be to grapple so he can adapt to having to face someone who is physically stronger and having to learn how to use his technique to get around it... Boom, blew minds

It'd be to grapple so he can adapt to having to face someone who is physically stronger and having to learn how to use his technique to get around it... Boom, blew minds

they said spar, not grapple. And he already grapples with people much larger.

themoreyouknow.jpg

If GSP were to decline, I would be inclined to believe it would be. Any WW Champion to take a risk of being KOed by a HW would be an idiot and would be playing russian roulette with his career. Sorry but getting KOed is never good for your brain, neither your life, or your career. Especially when you are a World Champion, one of the greatest at that, and have a responsibility to be defend your world title.

remember this is Dana talking so no one declined anything has far has i am concerned

they said spar, not grapple. And he already grapples with people much larger.

themoreyouknow.jpg

They call it "Sparring" in grappling too.

Derp.gif

I just think gsp wouldnt say fuck on camera but he would definitely say it in private.

Back