So Greg Jackson wanted GSP to Spar with Shane Carwin?

AndyGoaty**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Georges St-Pierre told me a story where, he showed up to camp one time," White said. "They were going to have them spar with Shane Carwin. Georges said, ‘Why the f--- would I spar with Shane Carwin? How does that help me?' What does that do for me, for my career?' When you hear stupid s--- like that its like, no wonder why guys are getting hurt left and right."
-Dana White

What the fuck is wrong with Greg?

Full Article

edit: I'm only saying Greg Jackson because he is the only mutual coach between Georges and Shane

Wanted him to be injured for Condit fight. Snaky Greg taking favorites.

Spar?
Like kickbox or grapple?

Either way, what's the big deal from Georges or Dana?
I doubt shane is cold KO'ing guys in practice just fucking around and GSP is elite enough to know to deal with someone that size.

I dont get the outrage at all.

'fighters need to set up camps the way multi millionaire boxers set up their camps' - dana white

Anyone else read that quote in GPS's accent?

Why da f--- wood i spar wit shane-car-WEEN?

Last edited:
haha. Dana telling others to be more professional is hilarious

-Dana White

What the fuck is wrong with Greg?

Full Article

Dana talks too much.

Wrestling with shane would help him learn to wrestle with larger fighters or at least get accustomed to it. Nothing in sparing sessions is dumb if you gain some knowledge from it since you are there to train.

You could get hurt sparing with a smaller fighter. If you are scared to spar with shane carwin in fear of getting injured that is fair but the idea that you wouldn't gain something from wrestling a wrestler of his size is silly.

i think dana has a vendetta and is making up stuff about greg jackson

So Dana just doing more Greg Jackson bashing, because it is the cool thing to do.

Lame

it shouldn't be a problem for a 200 lb guy to spar with a 260 guy, so long as the 260 lb guy knows how to spar without hurting his partner.

and carwin is so effing slow that gsp should be able to avoid that power.

Sounds like GSP ducked Shane Carwin. :eek:

ah, it could have been that shane is so dam slow gsp thought he would light him up easy and not gain anything from it??

I remember when Brock was champ and someone asked GSP if he would fight him one day and GSP laughed said "only with a 9mm".

I am actually puzzled

Why would GSP not blindly listen to coach Jackson when it comes to training?

He once said that if trainer Firas asked him to jump off a building he would do it or something like that.

Something tells me Dana is simply being Dana has usual.

So Dana just doing more Greg Jackson bashing, because it is the cool thing to do.

Lame

It's true. I just saw some hipsters outside a local coffee shop and guess what they were doing. Bashing Greg Jackson. Except they claimed to be doing it since 2002.

My hypothesis (I'm writing a paper on it) is that Dana doesn't like the big camps because they are union-like and hurt him at the negotiating table.

Since Dana said it you can be pretty sure this is close to 100% false.

Back