So for those of you who think Weidman would beat Jones, you still believe that?

Takamine86

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know Weidman has some BJJ skills, but what good are they if he can't get Jon down. DC was having trouble getting Jon down, this is a wrestler who has thrown around HWs. For some perspective, Anderson was able to stuff Weidman's takedowns, you'd be crazy to think Jon can't do the same. Yes Weidman has power, but so did Cormier, Gus, Glover, Rashad, Rampage, Machida, Shogun, Bader. So again I ask, do you still believe Weidman would defeat Jon?

Yes. I do.

I also think Jones can beat Chris.

It would be a great fight, I think JBJ would clinch Weidman to negate his power and Chris would try to sub Jones.

I honestly think Weidman would spend a majority of the night counting stadium lights if thats what Jones wanted in the fight. I do think it would be a great battle but I think Jones takes every round or 4-1.

Weidman nutriders are as delusional as Rory and Cruz nutriders. Weidman ain't giving up his belt to be number 4 or 5 at LHW. Ain't gonna happen. He's strong at MW and would be average at LHW. Without the ability to bully LHW's to the ground, he'll be more one-dimensional and have to outstrike very solid strikers who have longer reach and more power. FORGET IT.

Just as it's possible for Jones to be competitive w/ Cain @ HW I believe Chris could be competitive w/ Bones @ LHW.

I'd like to see Weidman fight w/o a heavy weight cut but I'll never bet against Jones.

Yes. I'm more confident in him beating DC, the Rumble fight could solidify or weaken my opinion.

Jones, DC and Gus would beat him up, maybe even injure him. They could all fight and HW, which Cormier did quite well, while Weidman would be putting on weight to compete with them.

Chris Weidman has the same reach as gustaffson. I think weidman could nullify a lot of jones's game, and outstrike him. He certainly has more power than jones in his strikes

Both DC and Gus would beat him up, maybe even injure him. They could both fight and HW, which Cormier did quite well, while Weidman would be putting on weight to compete with them.

Lol no. Weidman is a big MW. He's 3 inches taller than DC with 7 inches of reach. He's got tighter boxing too.

Weidman was actually a weight class above DC in college.

Lol no. Weidman is a big MW. He's 3 inches taller than DC with 7 inches of reach. He's got tighter boxing too.

Weidman was actually a weight class above DC in college.

More reach than DC yes, but he won't have the same power. No way. DC bullies him if they fight. Maybe TKO.

I know Weidman has some BJJ skills, but what good are they if he can't get Jon down. DC was having trouble getting Jon down, this is a wrestler who has thrown around HWs. For some perspective, Anderson was able to stuff Weidman's takedowns, you'd be crazy to think Jon can't do the same. Yes Weidman has power, but so did Cormier, Gus, Glover, Rashad, Rampage, Machida, Shogun, Bader. So again I ask, do you still believe Weidman would defeat Jon?

Without the takedown threat Weidman is slow, laboured and lacks creativity on the feet. Not only would his TD threat be removed against Jon, he would be hunted. His elementary striking would have even less variation.

This isn't a match worth watching. Chris gets stopped inside 2 rounds.

Back